Red ring again.

Is this CBD or THC ?

Oxidation will occur as O2 is everywhere, especially in the headspace of you cart. It get s even worse I you use transparent containers, due to UV exposure.

The red ring might form at the top because the oxidized product may separate in an another lighter phase, getting on the top of the main constituent.

I had to update the thread so I wasn’t putting misinformation out, the media referred to is a strong lewis acid, it converts cbd to thc not thc to cbn. A friend of mine had sent me a bunch to play with just before I wrote the tek and I had misunderstood him. It is corrected in the original thread and I’m correcting myself here again! Most mag-sil is slightly alkaline and is good for keeping ph balanced against acidic medias.

3 Likes

Huh, to me it seems 30 microns is incredibly deep for SPD. I’ve had mid 90’s cannabinoids from distillations between 500-1000 micron. Consistently. Honestly didn’t see a jump at all in potency when I was running 30-100 microns, just ran faster and cooler. If one knows their fractions and their head well one should be able to get clean fractions anywhere under 700 microns. Boiling flask temps and run times will be skewed accordingly.

1 Like

Wolf, this is a really basic bitch question, but why do people use so many different units for vacuum? I usually dealt with In. Hg. or In. H20.

1 Like

Honestly I have no idea lol :rofl: I would imagine each specific resolution serves a different specific purpose, but I’m unaware. I know the two most common I see for deep vacuum are microns of mercury(which I assume is a finer resolution than In. Hg) and millitorr and they are almost exactly the same value.

1 micron of mercury is equal to 1.0000001500123 millitorr so almost identical.

That is not my experience. Happy to run an R&D sample of your material made this way!

2 Likes