Recreating "Full Spectrum" from distillate

I’m just a consumer. But after moving from Cali to a medical State… I’m very disappointed with the quality of dispensary concentrates and carts.

I do have a decent supply of raw CAT3 disty however. Enough for months of personal use.

With the availability of broad spectrum hemp derived CBD distillates and cannabinoid isolates, is it possible to recreate a full spectrum extract by combining THC disty along with CBD distillate containing a lot of minor cannabinoids (CBN/CBG/CBC)?

Lurking here, it looks like there are a lot of CDT’s now available with acceptable pricing for personal use. Would combining a THC distillate along with CBD and trace amounts of CBN/CBG/CBC, flavored with these CDT’s emulate a full spectrum extract pretty well, or is this a fool’s errand? While taste is nice, I’m specifically asking about “effects”.

Thanks in advance!

You can forsure combine other cannabinoids with your distillate and get different effects.

Don’t get caught up on the semantics of full spectrum and try and recreate something that not well defined.

For me I just dissolve different ratios of cannabinoids in mct and try them out that way. You’d be surprised how different you will feel tweaking these ratios

2 Likes

Right. When I say “full spectrum” I just mean something closer to the experience of BHO rather than the one dimensional effects of THC distillate + botanical terps.

I would look for a dispensary that sells HTFSE or HTE and add that. I would think that would be closer to BHO than blending CBD/CBN/CBG/CBC because your still missing the terps.

4 Likes

I wish. If HTE or HTSE was available anywhere near me, I’d be all over it. Unfortunately, it is not. I had HTE/Disty carts in Cali. They absolutely had the “flower like” effects I’m looking for.

But if I’m missing the terps, wouldn’t adding CDT’s address that? Or is a piecemeal oil with added CBD/CBG/CBN flavored with CDT’s never going to feel like BHO?

Sorry I missed the CDT’s. Yes I would say that would be the next best thing to adding HTE. I use CDT’s with decarbed diamonds for carts and I like them a little better than botanical terps+diamonds.

3 Likes

Beware that mixing with CBD or CBG will modulate the effect of THC one way or another. CBD will mitigate them, while CBG may rather enhance them…

If you want to recreate full spectrum “THC profile”, this is especially particular terpenes and a bunch of unknown (include specific thiols) that you want to put in there. You need to look for “unknowns” suppliers.

2 Likes

True. I’ve noticed this just adding CBG isolate to a dab. 60% THC/30% CBG/10%CBD had a really nice effect as well.

Got it. So even with a mix of THC, minor cannabinoids, and cannabis derived terps… I’d still be missing out on minor compounds that would give me the same feel as a full spectrum concentrate?

I wonder if there are diminishing returns after a certain point. If I can create a mix that’s say 90% as effective as a true full spectrum sauce cart… I’d be happy.

1 Like