Recovery pump selection

https://www.homedepot.com/p/MAREY-27-kW-6-5-GPM-ETL-Certified-220-Volt-Self-Modulating-Residential-Multiple-Points-of-Use-Tankless-Electric-Water-Heater-ECO270/205212614

Here’s a 27kW tankless heater for $355 bucks…

1 Like

why does it take 3 50amp breakers? is it 3 different heating elements at 9kw per?

Blockquote

The picture with the wort kettle is similar to what is called a pump around section in an atmospheric distillation tower. The purpose of this is to have better control of the process parameters for efficient production while wasting minimal thermo energy inside of the system.

Also horizontal coil wont be need you can use tubing. Such as a kettle re boiler or single pass shell & tube. dang just imagine if those tubes were nozzle sprayed. hmm one might say this is horizontal Falling Film :slight_smile:

I hit 1 -2 lbs per min depending on water bath temp with regular ice 50 feet of 3/8 " coil with 70/30 iso/ pro with 4 trs21 pumps . I think i could push it even more by reducing bottlenecks in my system or using dry ice . Cost me 5k best option for the price in my opinion . Or just cough up 8k for a old MVP . The TRS21 pumps rock you just need 4-8 of them lol but for 1000-1200 its really not that bad . Even 2 preform pretty well IMO for small systems . I rocked a singular pump for my first 2 years on a 5lb CLS and it was ok . I think 1 trs21 is basically close to a CMEP .

2 Likes

so many breakers due to low voltage.
all of these are divided internally into a bunch of heaters and a little shell+tube

Word on the street is you’ve never run a CLS in your life yet you giving endless advice on multiple threads on various aspects of hydrocarbon extraction and remediation. You obviously have a brain based on good advice given in other threads and other topics and you obviously good at distillation but CLS theory and reality very different mate and I’d dare say what you doing is careless and potentially extremely dangerous considering you’ve never actually done it. What gives? This isn’t cold ethanol… You trying to look cool or what? Anyone can regurgitate information gleaned off the internet… but why pretend :man_shrugging: Then again you think DME is better than hydrocarbons so yeah who knows what’s real…

1 Like

Huh talking to me ??
Dme beter i Saïd that ?
Never ran a closed looop ??

Yes on all accounts. Don’t have the time to find your endless fictitious and sensationally deceptive posts… Shoe fits wear it.

Ok don t know wich streets you walk on
But i am in Amsterdam
Any time you wan t to drop by feel free
Don t like my post don t read them
Shoe didn t fit sorry

2 Likes

Jeez another lie bro you don’t stop…

Wtf?! Leave @Roguelab alone dude totally out of left field and uncalled for…

3 Likes

Just got it delivered and wired in but haven’t ran it yet. Christmas has everything slowed down. Still need to order stuff for it too it has 1” mjic fittings on it. @Killa12345 do you sell 1” jic hoses yet?

1 Like

no but if there is a demand i will…this is the first 1" jic im hearing of.

Same for me, I just checked bvv and they’re selling 1” FJIC hoses now

1 Like

think we need to get some of these bad boys on a passive extractor then…im gonna look into the cost of all this.

2 Likes

Sounds like the grinch was late for Christmas or somebody drunk some hateroade.
You realize any kind of recovery by boiling points is distillation?
@Roguelab is doing a hybrid continual/batch solvent recovery and tbh he is being crafty to avoid buying a FFE or risking that ship.
he always is thinking outside the box bc he can’t just go down to da store and ask for pressure vessels, finna pounds of 40/40/20 and a large heat exchanger without somebody asking whatcha you doin.

Also believe nothing you hear and half what you see. You could have easily tested his knowledge by presenting situations that a hydrocarbon extractor will only know. I play these scenarios all the time on here and at labs. Bc either you will expose a bullshitter or get to see an artist go in depth about his work. Either way it’s a win for me. also from personal experience if you’re exposing a big cheese you better do it methodically and have them ducks lined up. Coming out with no facts with all that salt will get you no where.

5 Likes

save yourself the trouble. That size JIC anything will be mad expensive. Look for a tri clover adapter and just do 1” triclamps tubing. A lot easier to find them parts

1 Like

thx for stating facts of a rogue lab way to get around
contemplating on @PsychedelicPrimate his asumptions I can only think that he s a cop or a snitch
trying to lure me out of my comfort zone

2 Likes

I just talked to mvp and I’m just gonna replace that adapter with a 1” MNPT to triclamp fitting and go from there.

2 Likes

If y’all think @Roguelab ain’t done this before I reckon it’s you that needs to check your shit buddy…

What he is describing is essentially an hydrocarbon FFE, which if you look at Bizzybees work, is an actual thing.

Is it something I’d recommend for the average home user?

No.

Clearly you can’t wrap your head around it. So much so that you believe he’s making it up…

6 Likes