Recovery pump and system question

So recently i pumped way to much butane into my bhogart system recently (because i was just not paying attention) and my honey pot filled up so high that my recovery pumps started sucking liquid butane and hash into them. Once i realized i turned everything off and changed out all of my hoses with brand new ones but im concerned that it could be bad that i had hash going into my recovery pumps, condensing coil, and my recovery tank. I just want to know if this has happened to anyone or if i should be concerned about my punps burning out. Ive ran my system for 2 days after that and everything is running just fine. Thoughts? Thanks

Lol yes, many have sucked hash and liquid into the pump. Depending on the pump, the oil may be contaminated with lubricant but the pump should be fine as long as you clean it out well

1 Like

Its hit or miss, sometimes the pump needs a rebuild. Hit the search bar

I don’t think the search bar will yield much on that subject…

we have some CMEP-OL threads, but I don’t recall rebuilds threads on any other recovery pumps.

2 Likes

How do i clean it? Just take it apart?

Would definitely help if you told us what recovery pump you have

I would totally bust out a trs-21 rebuild thread

4 Likes

I just bought a rebuild kit. Hardware factory store says they rebuild them on their website.

2 Likes

Lol the only thing slower than getting something from HFS: sending something to HFS and expecting it back

3 Likes

HFS is the only store I have shopped at that doesn’t automatically charge me $30+ for shipping on a $20 order… They only charged me $10 bucks for shipping, and I got it in like 4 days.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s just me but my average turnaround is like 3-1/2 weeks. For stupid little shit too like stoppers. But their prices are too damn good lol

3 Likes

Yeah, I ordered some fittings from them, and couldn’t be happier with how everything went. I just get so sick of getting bent over when it comes to shipping because I live in AK. HFS is literally the only place I’ve shopped at that charges a reasonable fee for shipping. A flat rate box is exactly that, a flat rate to anywhere in the US. Not fucking $30 bucks for a $18 order at Lab Society, same thing at Summit…

2 Likes

Don’t forget the handling

I get it with these smaller businesses or where packing glass up so the parcel smashing services don’t destroy it takes a good bit of time. People tend to shop by lowest price off google so if you build in the cost of shipping it does fuck your margin up pretty good. All that said, yeah if it’s a company like usalab shipping literally tons of small bits and bobs a day, flat rate should be flat rate. I like the McMaster model where they literally just stick the UPS invoice cost on your order

1 Like

Yeah, I love the @Killa12345 shipping service. Never once been asked to pay for shipping, and the shit shows up in 2 days!

2 Likes

The cps pumps. I use 2 of them

Trs-21

I am not as well versed with that pump as I am the CMEP’s, but if it were me I would tear the pump down and clean the cylinder walls, valves, pistons and seal rings real well with some everclear, then reassemble and run in open air for 15 mins to let any alcohol vapors outgas. If you don’t, I worry you’ll run into problems with the piston and valves sealing poorly and more load than necessary on the motor, and I think these combined issues will warrant a rebuild or pump replacement well before it would normally need service

1 Like