Recovery issues with solvent

Im having recovery issues. Ive cleaned all my hoses and tested them, cleaned and check valves, tested my pumps. But im still having issues. It seems like the gas from the honeypot is getting to the pumps and out but then not back to my recovery tank. Ive tried cleaning my coil as well and still nothing. If anyone has advice for me it would be much appreciated

1 Like

What blend are you using?

Are you cooling it after the pump to recondense it?

99 percent butane. Been running this system for 5 years now and never had this problem. And yes i have it going through my coil to turn it back to liquid

Carbon or stainless tank?

Stainless steel

Do you have pressure gauges on your tank and, pump?

2 Likes

Also do you have a solvent sensor in your room? Your recovery pump may be due for a rebuild meaning you could be losing solvent at the pump head. In the absence of anything different something must have blown or fouled recently.

1 Like

Ya my pumps might need a rebuild. Ive been using two of the same trs21 all these years. But when i tested them out they were working just fine

1 Like

No oressure gauges on the pumps. I use trs21. But on my recovery tank i do

Your system is leaking. Use soapy water to figure out where. Check your kinky hose bros!

It would be safer to perform this procedure with nitrogen or compressed air rather than solvent

2 Likes

Hello having issues with pouring out oil as the collection column crystalized… any ideas on uncrystalizing.

Welcome. Did you search?
Care to share the query?

Is this what you’re dealing with?
Rapid crystallization during solvent recovery

If you’ve got a pour spout and a pump you could try blowing smoke up its arse

4 Likes