Recommended Minimun Amount of Material For THCa?

Was wondering what you all think the minimum recommended weight to make diamonds was? A local guy told me he could make me about an Oz of diamond/terps out of a half pound. Thought?

Appreciate you all.!

1 Like

Depends on the diameter of the container, you can grow thca crystals with a gram of bho if you had a test tube.

How big is your container?

3 Likes

So you give him 225g and he gives you 28g

That’s a reasonable ball park. Seems little on the low side, depending on input quality

3 Likes

@ScoobyDoobie no containers or equipment yet. More or less trying to figure out the minimum material and equipment needed to produce and scale from there.

Right now i’m growing in a small space so I figure ill get between 10oz and 16oz but when I move to our new house in 6 months I should get a few pounds.

@cyclopath thats what the guy estimated when i was asking him about how much to make an oz.

So about 4g a oz?

1 Like

I typically run an oz at a time and yield around 5-7g of THCa per run. About the same weight in terps once I pour off. I don’t dewax at all though so my yield is a bit higher than average normally.

2 Likes

You should just make it yourself. Its really not hard and you would not have to worry about lower yields than you were told.

4 Likes

hi there guys… im a grower i want to crystalize THC O acetate how do i do it ?

@Stone: First you have to grok the alchemy behind that transformation.

can you tell me why you want the Acetate?

Assuming you’re actually trying to make thc acetate (which I doubt), you ought be able to find the relevant threads, and the appropriate data in the data dump.

I suspect you’re just after crystalline thca

And there is a ton of info on that around here.

PS: Search results for 'alchemy' - Future4200

Edit: I see you’ve found the synthesis thread, and are interested in THC-O-acetate. Doh! :zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes

Sorry for the late response.

Thanks everyone for their reply. I like the idea of an oz or 2 at time to hone in the skill. I got a 1.25 pounds of trim and larf to play with.

Is there any basic, not so fancy tech’s out their.

Couple questions if I may…

Could you simply blast in a mason jar and cap after it thickens up like runny syrup and let sit at room temps burping occasionally and just let time do its thing?

What size jar would you recommend if I was to do a small amount such as an oz or 2-4oz?

Whats the LOWEST temp I could let my house go without disrupting anything?

How often would one burp if I may ask? once a day? Once every other day? I’m sure there are some visual q’s you can pick up on to give you an idea.

Is the freezer or cooler+iso+dry ice necessary?

Whats the best can bho to use now a days? I hear whip-it is pretty good stuff. Any ideas?

I def want to eventually get into some equipment but his covid shit has really put a hurt on the family.Lets just say Christmas for the 3 kids could of def been better, digress. A lot of people I know dab on diamonds and everyone wants to charge $40g-$60g for diamonds. I want to be that guy with them more compassionate prices like $15g-$25g if its possible. Digress again.

I appreciate any in site and information. I promise to not just disappear again :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks from my family and I