Recommendations for hemp drying equipment

I’m interested to know what systems are available for purchase that can provide 1000-10,000 pounds per hour of wet biomass input.

Any US manufacturers, or any foreign recommendations?

1 Like

Utah.

Biggest freeze dryer manufacturer in the world presently…

Give em a call

Environmental chambers maybe? But that much weight I’d just make a big freeze dryer room.

I have seen hemp dryers that use heat . There is a guy on Instagram that sells hemp dryers his name on there is lanphan_distillation. I worry about thermal degradation from too high of temperature.

1 Like

Longevity? Freeze Dry Solutions. You want Heat? environmental chamber imo. At least collect the Terpenes…

some decarb in oven before extraction heard of it anyways I don’t myself

1 Like

Hey man, I’m sorry I saw this so late but if you’re still looking for solutions for next season that’s what we do. We offer 2 methods; one is the same as tumble dryers in all respects except that it doesn’t degrade the product as much because the drying method is air instead of heat-centric. The other is a microwave method – VERY gentle but… VERY expensive hah.
Again, sorry for resurfacing this if you’re past it but few others are =)

1 Like

You catch nice terps off the microwave dryer?

1 Like

Yup! We recover the terps in both methods (they’re both closed systems), but we do get better capture rates on the microwave.

3 Likes

Same quality on both? Are you using any sweep gas technology in conjunction?

1 Like

Yessir very similar, and no sweep gas. We don’t have a lot of hard numbers on the terpenes because we’ve mainly been worrying about the oil, but we are waiting for someone to care enough to use an actual terp trap. Then we’ll really see how far we can get.

1 Like

Hey, I recommend reaching out to Aptia Engineering - they do great work and play well at the scale you’re dealing with.

1 Like