Recommend Gauge for CLS?

Bingo

2 Likes

I’d suggest getting some swagelok gauges with a tube adaptor and an adaptor from your npt thread to that gauge.

Compression fittings all the way. And their gauges are good quality.

You will run through bvv, oss, usalab, xtractordepot gauges like mad.

5 Likes

Do they make dual gauges that go from vacuum to 100psi? I only see the - 30 to 30psi ones.

1 Like

Yes, when you click an item, an options window will pop up

Derp, thanks!

1 Like

Call up whatever the closest distributor is and tell them what you need, they’ll help you out.

2 Likes

I have had a hfs liquid guage blow out sprayiny the gycelrin everywhere. Have also had an xd dry guage blow out last week.

3 Likes

I absolutely love Ashcroft gauges. Reasonable prices for the level of quality, great support, great options. Get something with a stainless diaphragm to protect the gauge and process fluid. Also safer if you have a gauge failure (won’t vent tane out the face of something breaks).

6 Likes

I have an ashcroft guage on my tank. No issues so far

3 Likes

Dam, thank you everyone!!! Looks like they are several good options posted in the thread.
I feeling really lucky my cheapo gauges haven’t catastrophically failed like some of you guys.

McMaster, Swagelok, Ashcroft seem legit.

4 Likes

Just found an ashcroft gauge on ebay, it was like 17 bucks. I am not sure why so cheap.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202578323711

2 Likes

It’s new but it has a crack in the glass, hence why 16 dolla

1 Like

We have not had that reported back to us with the gauges we outfit our filter housings with. Typically we ship them dry or somewhat dry and then they are to be filled on start up. They tend to leak during shipping is the reason. Thanks, Greg

1 Like

What? U mean u had a gauge fail and pull the VG/pg through? That’s weird af

I have dry gauges they just so ugly I never used

I use @Killa12345 gauges. I have Frankenstein rig though . They so cheap if they fail I buy another

@Soxhlet sent me the only “dry” gauge I’ve ever seen

3 Likes

I wasn’t thinking and open the ball valve on my collection pot too fast, sucked the glycerin right out!

I cursed and beat myself up about it, then recovered all the gas and trashed the batch.

1 Like

I’m still not understanding. I don’t care how fast u open I don’t think it works that way

Sounds like u had the one way valve fail on the gauge

@Soxhlet being a leader here do you care to chime in. Two questions.

1. Does the glycerin filled gauges have a one way valve to keep it from pulling it through the gauge.

2. What’s the benefits of running “dry” gauges?

Wait 3 questions.

1. Can I empty that messy glycerin filled gauge and it be fine dry?
3 Likes

Either way, if a gauge fails, I’d prefer glycerin not to be in my extracts lol.

2 Likes

Yeah never ever did I say run a failed gauge that allows that to happen and idk where u got I did

I said they so cheap to replace.

And that u should be able to open up full throttle and it never move the glycerin. That they supposed to be a one way valve I believe that keeps this from happening and I think u must had fail that day

2 Likes

Didn’t mean to say that haha, just saying if a gauge fails, having air come into the tank is better than if glycerine would.

1 Like

Ehhhh

Idk about that

I wouldn’t want either

Check ur Rigs out properly before running, but sometimes there are accidents

Glyercin plus butane we add extra step to get it out

Oxygen plus butane, and huge chance we die

main lesson from this. Gauges are cheap. I replace 2x a year usually, we all should properly maintain our rigs

Then we dont have accidents

But while I’m preaching I waited till my valves was leaking before I tightened the packing down

now I check them every couple months esp w new hamlet ones

2 Likes