Reasonably priced cannabinoid analysis

Hello,

I have an offer to analyze the cannabinoid spectrum at the university. So it’s not a business venture on their part. I am interested in measuring the CBD, CBG, CBN, CBC, CBDv, THC content of hemp extract and oils on a regular basis.

The technology used is liquid chromatography with UV detection, followed by tandem mass spectrometry.

I would like to ask what is the appropriate price for such measurements? What is their cost? This is an analysis of 10 samples.

Thanks.

@kcalabs knows all the things

1 Like

Depends on your matrix. Edibles are more work than flowers, concentrates are less.

2 Likes

UPLC/MS New England USA

3 Likes

Wow, this is 3 times the price the university is offering.

1 Like

Bulk testing services is not an accurate representation of one off services. When talking pricing. Many are looking for repeat business and don’t balk at initial pricing till bulk is discussed. 10 samples can be one order easily.

2 Likes

And about half of what the most reasonably priced labs in Canada charge.

3 Likes

So should I accept a price of around 20-30 usd for a cannabinoid profile analysis of the basic 5-7 cannabinoids?

1 Like

That seems reasonable for 5-7 of the common compounds. If we had more time, my group would have started offering informal analysis work for some of the common/obscure compounds and we considered prices between $30-40 depending on how broadly we expanded the cannabinoid library.

2 Likes

For 10 samples?
Or 1000?

Dilute and shoot (clean concentrate) or complex sample prep?

1 Like

Just cannabinoid testing for a single sample is $200 US at the lab near me. The owner has a helicopter.

1 Like

Helicopters are dope. Planes and jetskis are too.

1 Like

Hey David, sorry to hijack this thread, but if you find time to post maybe you can find time to check your pms. Thank you.

Yeah that seems like a competitive price.