Really small Spd Glassware (10-50ml)

I think @Roguelab would know what’s more appropriate to do.

He knows his shit, take the advice you’re getting here.

2 Likes

I have actually a 10t rosin press.

But for use into cartridge, simple
cold ethanol extract is not enough from my previous try.

I’m working with 50g to 100g of weed nug but I can upscale to 500g to 1 kg of weed nug

Honestly a small spd with a harbor freight pump and you could get a small setup for less then 500. I really don’t think that’s out of the question more difficult then OP thinks but you could do it.
Do a bucket tech, distil ethanol over oven or fire outside. Buy a small 500ml flask with a 150 ml ceramic funnel some Celite and carbon bet you could get Less then 600 if you really tried

Just fly out to the west coast buy a liter of d9 for 17$ and then ship it back to home would be best idea… :man_facepalming::wink:

3 Likes

Both of those processes are EASIER to get right than small scale distillation.

You tried, and missed. You’ll miss by further with distillate. At least the first couple of times.

Lots of folks who are completely incapable of distillation make passable carts at home using squish or EtOH.

You can absolutely get the job done with kit like that, and there are other options…Check out @Beaker’s work …

http://future4200.com/search?q=@beaker

3 Likes

I tried walking to the store, but got lost.

I tried riding a bike, and fell off.

I’ve never driven before, can I borrow your car?

Not a perfect analogy, but might help get the point across.

Getting distillation under your belt is an achievable goal. But learning to walk before signing up for a marathon is the standard order of operations

1 Like

I work in a synthesis laboratory. I know distillation

My problem with EtOh extract, It is often black in color and you have to use quality material to have a quality extract.

While with distillation, with any extract I can distill it and use it in Cartridge

You could use a circulating hot oil bath for something of this scale too if you don’t want to buy a tiny mantle

2 Likes

That is a problem with YOUR ethanol extracts, and is solvable with skill/practice/a thorough understanding of the process.

See: It washes the cannabis and then it washes the cannabis some more

Not telling you not to pursue this. Pointing out that folks who are NOT capable of mastering this have been successful where you claim failure…that re-examining those failures should also be on your list

1 Like

This might kill you, don’t use an open flame.

1 Like

Kugelrohr, for some ideas: Kugelrohr - Wikipedia

3 Likes

So understand that a Kugelrohr or sublimator would be better tools at your scale.

@beaker has documented both for this purpose.

https://future4200.com/search?q=%40beaker+Kugelrohr

https://future4200.com/search?q=%40beaker+sublimator

3 Likes

Not so when terps are of no concern.
You’re going to be producing some pretty nasty distillate if you can’t get a proper initial extract down anyway, and if you have access to dry ice and 190 proof ethanol then only your procedure is preventing you from having cart-quality extracts right off the bat.

2 Likes

Thanks for this information, I will do my research.

1 Like

Not at all an expert in distillation, but do you really think you could get away with an off the shelf pump from harbor for micro scale distillation? The pump has beem what has kept me from attempting what OP is

2 Likes

Absolutely I’ve heard of people distillating with 20000 micron before , hear say but i believe it. With enough temperature it’ll happen, how much it will degrade your product is another story. Although THC is pretty durable. Won’t be top shelf stuff something that you can really sell but it’ll make some personal disty

2 Likes

8 Likes

I’ve run a 250ml flask with one of these Robinair 15500 Vacuum Pump, 5.0 CFM | ToolDiscounter

Did the job.

Documented here: 500ml or 2L - #4 by cyclopath sort of…

Also pictures of the 50ml flask setup (for ants) that went to @Roguelab

Edit: not certain that’s the SAME hvac pump. You want the dual stage version…and @beaker threw a E2M30 at the problem.

2 Likes

Yea, me too.

1 Like

Is a litre really that cheap?

You need to decarb your thca rosin for the change in consistency. With any extraction you need to control the condition using temperature the colder the better. As for color a small Büchner funnel with color absorbent could also help. When I started out I used small hand vacuum pump funnel.

1 Like