Really small Spd Glassware (10-50ml)

Hello everyone, I am delighted to see even such a large community around distilation.

I live in a country where cannabis is unfortunately illegal, so I do not have access to distilled.

I am a laboratory technician, I know the basic principles. But by reading this forum I learned a lot about the short path head.

I have already tried to squeeze the rosin and formed thca unfortunately it was a failure.

I also try to extract to alcohol, unfortunately the product was not pure enough for use it inside cartdrige.

I think, EtOh extract with distilation is my best option for made homemade cartridge from weed.

I would like to use cartdrige Because it allows me to smoke discreetly outside the house and also to smoke inside without leaving any smell

I want to carry out small distillation around 5-50ml For personal use

Could you give me your opinion on this two setup, of course I will add cold trap.

I would like to apologise that English is not my mother tongue.

" My Best "

ihwx.616a1d96-aea0-4b1a-9c17-932d37a80ed7.348.348

ihwx.cb03d9ce-9a0a-4b97-91e6-86ffd3b907e9.348.348
They are from Thomas scientific

2 Likes

Seems like a lot of work for a small amount. Not trying to sound like a asshole but is the weed that shitty? I would just smoke it or make simple extract with alcohol or such.

4 Likes

Looks cool

We have a very good quality of weed (switzerland) but unfortunately, I would like to use distilled due to discretion.

No smoke, very little smell
And it also fascinates me and it allows me to have distilled from waste

3 Likes

Couldn’t you sift for hash, press the has into rosin, then press the rosin to separate the thca out?

From there you can decarb the thca>thc.

Seems like you’d need less gear.

2 Likes

This is even easier than what I said.

1 Like

I have already tried to squeeze the rosin and formed thca unfortunately it was a failure.

I also try to extract to alcohol, unfortunately the product was not pure enough for use it inside cartdrige.

I think, EtOh extract with distilation is my best option for made homemade cartridge from weed.

And this allows me easily to purify all types of extraction

I personally at your scale would produce bho and treat that to make cartridge ready
As for distilling the rig will work but the ancillary equipment needed will cost you
Vac pump 4 cfm 2 stage rotary vane
Heat bath (Chiller)
Vacuum gauge
Hoses and lab stands (jacks)
Coldtrap
All in all a valeuble setup fir minute amounts

6 Likes

Agreed, looking at like $1500 for the ancillary equipment.

That being said I kind of want to try this, guess I would just need a tiny heating mantle as I have everything else.

1 Like

Sure, cut down his potential yield by an order of magnitude, sounds good

Career to offer any advice, or are you just the type of person to jump in anytime the see the word rosin to note how shitty it is?

Edit: did you even read the thread??? Because it sure seems like you just jumped in to be the peanut gallery.

For you it would be better to invest in an extractor bho.

Rather than investing in a distillation apparatus?

If I use poor quality weed my bho will also be of poor quality right?

While distilling allows me to purify a low-end product.

Regarding the quantities this could be around 100g. So I think a distillation assembly would be more appropriate

You can make a very good product if you do it right.

You need an actual rosin press to accomplish this.

Also, how much materials are you working with? It sound like your not making a lot. If you’re only processing a littlest bit at a time, distillation might not be worth it.

I think @Roguelab would know what’s more appropriate to do.

He knows his shit, take the advice you’re getting here.

2 Likes

I have actually a 10t rosin press.

But for use into cartridge, simple
cold ethanol extract is not enough from my previous try.

I’m working with 50g to 100g of weed nug but I can upscale to 500g to 1 kg of weed nug

Honestly a small spd with a harbor freight pump and you could get a small setup for less then 500. I really don’t think that’s out of the question more difficult then OP thinks but you could do it.
Do a bucket tech, distil ethanol over oven or fire outside. Buy a small 500ml flask with a 150 ml ceramic funnel some Celite and carbon bet you could get Less then 600 if you really tried

Just fly out to the west coast buy a liter of d9 for 17$ and then ship it back to home would be best idea… :man_facepalming::wink:

3 Likes

Both of those processes are EASIER to get right than small scale distillation.

You tried, and missed. You’ll miss by further with distillate. At least the first couple of times.

Lots of folks who are completely incapable of distillation make passable carts at home using squish or EtOH.

You can absolutely get the job done with kit like that, and there are other options…Check out @Beaker’s work …

http://future4200.com/search?q=@beaker

3 Likes

I tried walking to the store, but got lost.

I tried riding a bike, and fell off.

I’ve never driven before, can I borrow your car?

Not a perfect analogy, but might help get the point across.

Getting distillation under your belt is an achievable goal. But learning to walk before signing up for a marathon is the standard order of operations

1 Like

I work in a synthesis laboratory. I know distillation

My problem with EtOh extract, It is often black in color and you have to use quality material to have a quality extract.

While with distillation, with any extract I can distill it and use it in Cartridge

You could use a circulating hot oil bath for something of this scale too if you don’t want to buy a tiny mantle

2 Likes