Reaction in the condensers

So last week I asked why my condensers would react and change purple and did what you all suggested but I still have the same issue. Also the crude is raw and I’m guessing this is the issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You still have an air leak. On the ziptie joint. It shouldn’t need a ziptie and the force exerted by it is at an angle, which is going to make it tough to seal. Look at how the oring is compressed more along the top half of the joint. What vacuum level did it hold when you pulled it down? It only takes a small amount of air to react.

2 Likes

The micron level was at 780. I’m still waiting on a pfte sleeve to arrive and hopefully that’ll help.

780 is way too high.

We strive for -200 at the minimum

1 Like

Yeah it’s oretty high. Right now it’s dropped to 549 microns. Went down a bit but I still need it to get lower.

Does that joint not seal without the zip tie? Try a lil extra grease on the o ring and ptfe tape so there isnt un even pressure

Personally this is what I would do.

Ditch the zip ties asap! Use lab stands and mounts to support glass.

Start at the pump
Fresh oil change, do this 2-3x to ensure its cleaned. Run 20 mins after each oil change

Test vac pump blanked off. If reading is sub 100 (sub 50 is ideal). If not, pump is no bueno.

Set up all glass, and cold trap like your gonna make a run. Acetone ALL glass joints. Grease accordingly, distillate used on cow and RF (terp/head/tails).

Start vac pump and pull the system down. Let run. Now work from the cold trap, and check every joint for vac leaks. Fix accordingly. Do this until all joints are free of leaks.

2 Likes