Re-humidify flower (only humidity, no added product)

Hi,
We are looking for a solution to re-humidify softly dry hemp flowers that has a low humidity level.
We need our flowers to be around 12-13% in humidity but some have below 10% level.
We have around 250 kg to constantly manage (we analyse humidity level each monday of all of our batches).
I was thinking to a humidity room (as in the cigar industry) we dont want to destroy/stress the flower so the idea is to do it with a soft method.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

put it in a super sack and ship it to Oregon. then come get it. it should be back at 20% moisture by the time you get here…

you have no idea how much biomass I’ve seen where “it was at 10% when it left the farm…” but is now approaching 20% because it was simply put in sacks at left at ambient.

yes, looking at tobacco is the correct approach.

12 Likes

8 million tortillas

7 Likes

+ 1 orange & 2 lemons for profile

3 Likes

Just spray it all with sprite

4 Likes

My old mentor actually used to make a profile for disty carts that literally tasted of sprite was quite nice.

1 Like

I raise you Hawaii. Every bud ive gotten from there is like Half dry unless they dehydrate and store it in a jar lol not complaining tho. Something about the Pakoloco idk what it is but i love it

1 Like

Tortillas all day!!!

1 Like

Hey buddy, go grab some brown paper lawn/ leaf bags ULINE - Shipping Boxes, Shipping Supplies, Packaging Materials, Packing Supplies

Fill them up with buds, and lightly wet the outside of the bag with filtered water. Put the bag in a black contactor bag in a cool dark room for 24 hr. Should be great the next day

3 Likes

I think a humidor is a great way to go. 62% for maintaining 72% for rehydrating Boveda packs are good for small runs, but get expensive on a large scale.

1 Like

What about humidity controlled room like in cigar industry (with air humidifier?
Thanks for the help

3 Likes

Absolutely

2 Likes

Theres something about bovedas that seem to draw terps or is it just me being a glass oldschool idiot…

I for one saw the best size solution, glass wine holders 50L, but with a 4" cap.

The guy just weighed the ammount he dropped in there and added 1% by 1% water in mist sprays for 1 week until 13% was 20% and the smoke was suprisingly fantastic although the force drying was less than 48h…

Not my cup of tea, considering it might be activating dromant spores due to raised water activity, but when your trying to achieve something on scale and on a budget @Apothecary36 is on point for my cheapass paired with a humidity meter inside the bag…

Cigare closest are probably a couple of grand? For small volumes and artisan flowr produce for le smoke… For large like yours you could covert a small room, if your growers climate control should be a sinch for ya :slight_smile:hope you solve this issue in a elegant fashion in the end…!

1 Like

Build a cold room. Decent hvac guy will know how to incorporate humidity control into the refrigeration system. Temps nice and low and play with the humidity until you have it dialed in. Around 70 should be good

1 Like

wet Qtips (not dripping wet) taped to the top of your Ball Jar, Larger surface maybe try cotton balls. Easily replaceable. No flavor added. Start small most balls jars I usually use half a q tip. Been holding this one in for years… but your welcome

2 Likes

If using bovedas to “add texture” to something like buds that are curing & could have possibly gotten to dry or just trying to control the humidity without as much burping you’ll end up trapping ethylene in the structure of the flower 99% of the time & you’ll never be able to get that out & that tends to be the dots connected to loss of terpenes & profile overall.

3 Likes