Rdwc

Built this system. I know a bunch of guys are using something similar. I’ll post what comes to be. 500 gallons in her with no leaks so I’m fuckin stoked.

35 Likes

Nice system man!

6 Likes

Sweet setup, keep us posted.

3 Likes

How are you cooling the setup? Make sure you test the capacity of that keg can before you put plants in, nobody likes steamed weed plants

8 Likes

Looks sweet. I’m surprised more growers here don’t run DWC/RDWC. I would never go back to soil.

11 Likes

I’ll Keep it posted. Built for a client. Got some ice cream zundae going in soon.

2 Likes

Got a 1 HP chiller. Load is very close. We will see.

2 Likes

That’s gonna be tough, what kind of room temp is your AC sized for? You’re probably going to want more than one 1/2" keg can, chilled water flow rate will be your friend.

3 Likes

Very close dude.

2 Likes

Cleanliness is key with dwc. I had best luck running dead Rez with hypochlorous acid.

3 Likes

Very nice. I always oversized my chillers out of paranoia. The upfront cost and labor was more, but the operating costs were miniscule. I miss RDWC.

8 Likes

I eventually switched from dwc to aero.

It allowed me to have FAR less nutrient solution mixed and more importantly cooled and I had far fewer pythium and phyopthera issues.

I used the same setup just plumbed in aero and used the big tubes as drains.

8 Likes

Neat. Got any pics @anon16547145?

7 Likes

This is essentially my setup (HDX totes and uniseals) but mine is on 1/10th the scale :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do you have any tips on keeping our cloners clean and free of pathogens out of nowhere we are seeing dwindling performance. Recently moved to a new facility I’m thinking it’s our water source

1 Like

This is what got us. the tainted water supply. Are you running RO and UV sterilization

6 Likes

Get a GOOD water filter with uv filter

Clean cloners with iso between use. Submerge pumps in it as well. Soak spongy collars in it for 24 hrs. Take apart all the nozzles and fully break down plumbing to clean.

Undercurrent makes a clear rez product with hypochlorous acid. Use it. Keeps those roots frosty.

I use rock wool now.

3 Likes

I run RO water (no UV though I have the module) and include beneficial microbes and compost tea regularly in my system.

What nutrients are you running?

1 Like

If you’re asking me, nothing crazy. General Hydroponics Maxigro series per the schedule they list and compost tea when I’m not lazy.

1 Like