Raw gardens live resin carts - distillate and terps?

Friend is selling some raw gardens refined live resin carts. I started looking into them and I’m confused by their website

They make live resin with distillation? What?

Then they describe their refined live resin as
“ What is in Raw Garden’s Refined Live Resin™️ Cartridges?

Our cartridges only contain single-source cannabinoids and cannabis derived terpenes, just like it says on the box. We post lab results for every batch we release to the market to ensure transparency and easy access for our customers.”

Sounds to me like it’s distillate and refined cannabis terps

4 Likes

That’s exact what it is. There’s a thread about this exact thing somewhere around here

5 Likes

Look at multiple carts for varying thc/cbd numbers. If every cart is the same, even with different flavors, it might be distillate.

Theory is that the same distillate used in each would come from the same batch. Then just mixed with each terp per sku. Bobs your uncle.

Labeling of live resin is some pretty wide territory it seems. Lots of people on the lower end basking in the glory that is the high end…

3 Likes

Who cares what other people do

Make your own tech

4 Likes

Reckon they mean distilling the butane out to get the extract out? Idk I didn’t read but till the part u highlighted

Probably not if all the thc cbd numbers are the same though

@gobstopp I’d love to try ur love carts😉

2 Likes

I usually don’t. I make live resin carts, but this dude is bragging about his cali dispo live resin carts, trying to tell people they’re better then mine, so I did a little digging

It’s all subjective.

Best selling carts by dollar sales taste like vanilla ice cream or lemonade.

You’ll never see a unanimous agreement on dab snobs. Which is fine. They’re just carts.

3 Likes

Indeed, I was mainly confused by the raw gardens faq. I guess stoned is right, maybe the highlighted part is referring to a solvent recovery type distilling. Purging and recovering the butane would technically be distilling.

2 Likes

These carts are made with deps and I love them regardless.

1 Like

You can get a fire fraction of essential oil (“terps”) out with the solvent. A lot of the dankest compounds evaporate off at way lower temperatures than the monoterpenes. Can’t hate on distilling if it’s being used for tech

2 Likes

Some cold Tek deep vac no heat…w large cold trap can do some amazing tricks I hear

Something like that. Some guys (on here) get a little more snazzy with it.

Not everything is about “making distillate.” Some times you’re just separating things that gotta be separated. I’d argue that distilling can yield a more complete extract. You’re recapturing things that would be lost in most live resin. How’s that a bad thing?

2 Likes

Nah, they probably just centrifuge off the terps, and distill those very gently to get “refined” live resin terps. Distill or decarb the diamond fraction separately, and combine the two products into a cart formulation.

There was a guy who would post examples of his own product doing this.

1 Like