Rapid crystallization during solvent recovery

I’d love to take a tally of how many interested parties need a solution vs continued issue.

Taking note of active solutions like dreds, are they too burdensome?

Does dred have an active situation? He seemed to be one of the ones who already solved it

I feel like the Big Oil guy had a standing offer to anyone, and anyyyyone, to help solve the isssue. Lemme see if I can find the post in question

If I recall, Pentane / molesieve desiccant solutions were repeatedly touched up on.

Boom, here’s your test. Since you won’t expand on WHY your solvent is different, fix this and prove yourself with an awesome reference

@johnbigoilco

3 Likes

Genuinely curious if the offer still stands. That’s interesting I missed it.

Do it. I’ve seen a lot of talk here, but if you solve this issue, you can name your price for affected labs

2 Likes

Welcome to the future @Jmoreno0507! Thanks for sharing, and hopefully soon we will all have some more definitive answers on what’s really going on. There seem to be some mitigation issues, but until we get to the exact root cause nobody seems to know for sure what is causing this. One thing’s for sure, you have came to the right place to seek the knowledge.

6 Likes

Offer still stands as no-one has taken it up. That being said, @Dred_pirate has pointed me to a way to stop the issue with x13. Now im interested if there is another thing besides x13 that will fix it. 10k still stands.

17 Likes

It would be legendary to see this solved. Appreciate you @johnbigoilco as I’ve said before. Knowledge sharing, even things we don’t understand yet, raises this community immeasurably.

8 Likes

Pouring thicker doesn’t count either haha we all know that works but I wanna see this guy rocking his old sop again trouble free. @TheWillBilly

8 Likes

I appreciate you man!

5 Likes

If I wasn’t so damn busy I’d already be there to take the challenge on.

I have another bastard way to get it to go away, too.

9 Likes

Your welcome anytime your down south, I appreciate you man.

6 Likes

Once I get my dog’s surgery done and my surgery I’ll free myself up and get down. You, too man. It’s kinda crazy how many people have had this problem as long as we both have and still haven’t said anything about it.

5 Likes

True priorities. Am curious about this topic and would love to try and put a nail in this coffin so to speak.

Would be great if it ended in one massive class action against the fuckhead that made the call to supply us extractors different gas.

4 Likes

I’m not gonna hold that breathe, but it would be nice to finally close this case. I’ve read about this for a long time and never seen it. The h202 concept doesn’t sit right with me however.

2 Likes

Just wishful thinking that comes from frustration.

2 Likes

It’s wishful thinking on my end that a solution can come up and easily. It’s been amazing watching everyone’s words and attempts shared. I just know (knock on wood) it’s been unfaced here and hope it gets KOd soon and notated on how to approach.

Dm sent @johnbigoilco let’s solve problems.

did you clean your solvent tanks?
use fresh solvent?

do you have a log on when your system was filled and from where? (new tank/batch of gas?!?)

well, one way to crash THCA is to manipulate the temp.

if the circulator powering your evaporator ran low on fluid and stopped circlating, that might give similar symptoms.

although would also expect some other signs that this was going on (like really long recovery times all of a sudden, and/or alarms on the circulator).

yeah, maybe.
I suspect there may be more to it than that.

like @CallipygianDabs, I’ve not seen the problem in person, and I’ve certainly not had my collection crash like that (working on it, but I need another rig to do R&D on).

if this IS related @CallipygianDabs has given a concise overview, and you’ve got things you can try…

my current bet is on @TheLostBiologist being correct.

Which I believe means you should clean a couple or three time, including your pumps and your solvent tanks, then add 13x to your “expansion chambers” (as I recall ETS calling them) per @Dred_pirate

first I’d check your temps.

EDIT: what you got for a pump?
what pressures are you seeing during recovery?

7 Likes