Diamonds turning into chalk post separation

It’s kind of exhausting to explain things to you, since, while very smart, you tend to look at things in the most autistic fashion possible.

I say that being on the spectrum. It’s okay to step off sometimes.

No one is mixing an acid with their butane. Closest you’ll find is folks filtering through an acidic media. To make things easier/you less argumentative, I’m talking about what people post about.

1 Like

While this is not the same acid step as mentioned above it is definitely a step where your solution is turned acidic. So I would say yes a lot of people are doing an acid step in their process.

4 Likes

My guess would be, the cold crash tech is trapping excessive butane in the crystal lattice. Large growth fast = more butane in lattice = chalking out. Impressive more than anything. Really don’t think it’s any more complicated than that. I’ve had similar results when I experimented with cold crash techs.

6 Likes

It’s not a large diamond thing. Not a cold crash thing either.

2 Likes

Correct me if I am wrong but does that say a 0.01% detection limit for benzene? My math had shown that in the most extreme an impurity existing at around 3-4 parts per billion could manifest info a failing 1 ppm result in extract. Am I reading this wrong? If not that test while for the correct thing many of us had issues with is far from precise enough to tell me if the gas is clean enough for extraction. I read that 99.9% COA as 100 parts per million mystery stuff being used to make product that can fail for a 1 ppm contaminant. And the ratio of butane recovered (an opertunity for contaminants to be left behind) to extract made is often well in excess to 100:1.
Not trying to knock you at all but trying to explain the root of the issue here in the fact of the purity of our final product is scrutinised far more than our input gas which is what is causing all these issues one way or another in my opinion.

6 Likes

I’ll give you 10racks cash if you come to our facility and make diamonds that don’t turn to stone. You can change all the parameters you want. Just have to use the same butane we are using.

9 Likes

On topic:

If I am extracting THCA , that is tetrahydrocannabinoic ACID, with
butane, then SOMEBODY is mixing acids with their Butane.
And SOMEBODY is crystallizing ACIDS from BUTANE.

853 and counting:

regards

1 Like

I’ll take that challenge

9 Likes

You got my number brotha

5 Likes

Does that count me too??? Hahaha I’ll make you good stones guaranteed but it’s gonna be a change in your sop. I’ll do it butane only though.

2 Likes

Let’s make a party.

6 Likes

I did cold crash for a year with no Medusa

I did use pentane to re-x which they say fixes Medusa issues

1 Like

Will you give me 10 racks if I show up with new butane that works ?

1 Like

John: do you mean “stones” as in “Medussa Stone” vernacular.?

thanks in advance…

Has to be his current supplier.

And @johnbigoilco I’m game.

1 Like

current supplier. This same supplier we used for years with no issues. Then out of the blue issues arose and have never been rectified. People keep eluding its our SOP that is causing the issue and not the gas. So what im saying is if you can use our gas and make diamonds that are nice a faceted but dont turn to “medusa stones” I would pay you 10k.

4 Likes

I know it’s the gas

Can you find different gas?

Try distilling a couple dozen cans of lighter fluid and using that

It has benzene in most blends as well as toluene and xylene. So if it doesn’t Medusa with benzene you know it’s probably propylene or something else in your existing solvent

my issue is we have tried multiple suppliers. They all get their gas from cortland or diversified. Seems to happen with every supplier with 1 out of 50 batches randomly coming out fine. I cant use another supplier until I can prove my current supplier is causing the issue. Kinda hard to prove when I cant go else where. Except for the fact I can rex in pentane and have no issues.

2 Likes

John, that recent summary is basically the same from post 100 or so…
I’d gladly take your offer as well. I want fresh dark coffee and
a homemade donut…every morning till I’m done.

If I remember correctly there is a crc step involved?
If so , some preliminary data on exactly how the CRC step
is performed.

Give me a DM if none of the other applicants figure it out.

best regards,

2 Likes

I vote for @moronnabis for the 1st shot at it. Get the coffee and doughnuts ready LOL.

5 Likes