Raising capital for company

Does anyone know anyone who raises capital for companies? We are looking for 300k and are willing to offer a finders fee. Business plan has been established and we are looking to sit down and discuss our business immediately.

1 Like

What kind of business are you raising? CBD producer or equipment manufacturer or consultant firm?

Recreational marijuana processing company in Michigan

What do you have besides a business plan? Assets, capital already invested? What will secure the 300k?

1 Like

What we have other than a business plan is data, limited capital, and we are working to secure a facility long term. The 300k will secure all financing needed for equipment, licensing, and free cash flow needed to secure contracts and bio-mass.

Not sure if Iā€™m reading your question correct. Are you asking what we offering in return for the 300k?

Are you willing to give up 51% of your ā€˜businessā€™?

What differentiates you from another person trying to open in Michigan or your potential investors to go at it on their own for that matter? What do you bring to the table in this situation?

Do you have a pro forma and business plan written?

Are you looking for active investors or mailbox investors?

Describe your planned operation in more detail? How are you going to make money, pay for biomass/labor/equipment/overhead, and still pay your investors a reasonable return?

Is there a cash out opportunity planned?

Is the business in an opportunity zone?

What is the ā€˜dataā€™ you speak of?

Keep in mind the application requirements havent been published yet and towns still have 3 months to outlaw operations in their jurisdictions.

12 Likes

For 75% of the company and equity Iā€™ll give you 300k

13 Likes

Ill give up 75% of nothing for $300kā€¦Is this really what it takes to get 300k in the cannabis industry?

what kinda of data do you have that is worth 300K?

12 Likes

How are you getting a million dollar valuation with no assets or sales?

Personally I donā€™t even think I could raise $300k for 30% of my current business and Iā€™ll have more than double that in sales this year. Over 100k in inventory. And positive cash flow for 5 years straight.

Can write up a business plan and still wouldnā€™t think itā€™s worth a million. I could be wrong but Iā€™m probably not.

10 Likes

Probably:

weā€™re gonna make drugs, we all gonna be rich

Raising money is HARD. I think itā€™s literally the hardest thing Iā€™ve ever tried my hand at.

To be honest, I feel that if youā€™re asking on here without mentioning already having a solid and extensive business plan (something other than ā€œweā€™re gonna make drugs, we all gonna be richā€) and everything @Dirteagle mentioned, along with about a dozen other things, including at least tentative agreements for biomass supply and offtake, youā€™re gonna have a bad time.

Weā€™ve got a serious technological edge, a patent pending, a rock solid business plan, more than enough experience, and a first mover advantage in a very restricted market, and we still found it far easier to earn the first million than to raise it.

12 Likes

I want to know how far along you are on this venture. I am going to give you 300k for 30% of what at this moment? Do you plan on buying property, equipment and the sorts then giving me 30% ownership of what I put 100% of the capital for? If you already own a facility, equipment and are in production and I am buying into something then am I receiving 30% of that? How will my 300k be insured? Do you and your partner have the collateral to put up for the loan? Say 500k.

4 Likes

both you and jake morgage your houses to the max, put some skin in the game.

7 Likes

If you are serious, we would be happy to provide you with some details. We appreciate your concerns and look forward to the ongoing challenges.

They are serious.

3 Likes

A) they are serious,
B) this sounds like sharktank :rofl:
C)how will you show the capital requirements that MI needs? They require over 300k in LIQUID. So it sounds like you need A LOT moreā€¦

5 Likes

i have a feeling if your coming to the forum looking for capital be prepared to answer those questions on the forum too.

personally all the partnership ive always been in resulted in resentment because i felt like i did 90% of the work and the capital investor did nothing but still wanted 50% of the profits. Its a tough way to do business.

16 Likes

Is a ā€œbusiness planā€ worth anything in the cannabis industry???

3 Likes

yes if it includes what you need and you have a strong background

2 Likes

My offer stands, 300k for 75% of the company and Iā€™ll outfit it at my hardware wholesale cost at the same time for you. You Wana get off the ground tomorow?

10 Likes

Even when you find an investor that brings a lot of other useful shit to the table other than money, it seems like this is pretty much always how itā€™s going to go.

Anyone wanna take bets on how long it takes before OP reaches out and says ā€œhey is this offer still on the table?ā€

My moneyā€™s on 3 months.

2 Likes