R134a crude extract into diamonds/high value products?

Is this the Pure5 extraction system?

4 Likes
2 Likes

bosses don’t want a lot of pics shown right now. Not sure how a pic of my unit helps answer the question in my OP, either. If there’s something specific about my system you’d like to know, ask, and I’ll tell you.

Its not Pure5, either.

1 Like

Their HQ is my nearest dispensaries’ address :scream: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

That’s exactly what everyone says about their R134a machines. Must be something amazingly simple since no one wants to show it off. Don’t worry, absolutely no one is trying to extract with that stuff but you and literally a handful of people

1 Like

Yep aware that one can Decarb under pressure to retain terps?

Not sure I buy the effectiveness on pre-extraction biomass though.

If organoleptics say you’re on the right path, then 3rd party analytics are certainly the next step.

Curious on terpene levels AND decarb level on your “pen ready”.

1 Like

I didn’t, and would have NEVER chosen this machine.

I’m consulting for a company and trying to find a way to help them without a complete overhaul. I apologize I can’t post pictures right now. It’s about a 9x9 skid that has a solvent vessel, extraction vessel, and oil recovery vessel that are connected in a continuous closed loop system.

1 Like

Thanks. I share your skepticism. the analytics will tell me a lot.

1 Like

Isn’t something flouro-anything a halogenated hydrocarbon? Is that not something ya don’t want to be using for any products that you don’t work up afterwards? L2L separation to grab the nasties…
Just wondering, I recall that from another research venture

1 Like

TFE (R134a) in the presence of water and heat can form HF, extremely toxic. Luckily, given the boiling point of TFE, some vacuum and heat removes residual solvent to the point where there isn’t a health concern.

2 Likes

I am curious to learn more about L2L separations for other projects, though.

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks for the links but I’ve already read through all of the related material on the forum.

2 Likes

I’m not trying to be an asshole when I ask;

Then why did you make this thread if you have read all the related material which I’m sure say use ethanol to remove the bs and then make disty…

I wanted to see if anyone knows of alternative methods. Obviously winterization with ethanol followed by distillation is a well known option for crude.

Can you just run a hydrocarbon through the system and eliminate the junk solvent lol

Like how much different is this system than A standard cls?

2 Likes

unfortunately not easily, at least :confused: the system is so automated and overengineered that changing solvents isn’t (easily) possible. The process runs at around 60F, just getting cold enough to run hydrocarbons would probably require beefing up the refrigeration capacity significantly.

2 Likes

What do extracts form the pure5 look like

Pics?

If you want to make diamonds get it to nucleate and throw in a fuge

He posted a pic