R/O Resevoir Pump Help

Hey Guys and Gals,

I am trying to help a friend set up a R/O reservoir to pump directly to the sink to for easy access and spraying down bubble bags. From what Ive gathered, faucets pump on average 2-2.5 gallons per minute. There is no R/O machine I am aware of that can create that kind of water on demand, so it would have to come from a tank that is topped off from the R/O machine. I thought about placing a pump inside of the R/O tank and then a shut off switch attached to that pumps plug in that will sense the faucet being turned off and then turn off the pump. What is the best solution to this problem? Would it be better to explore a pressurized type of tank that doesnt need a pump, would this achieve the output I need to run a kitchen style faucet and sprayer?
I need the future 4200 help to solve this! Please lend your knowledge!

https://www.amazon.com/SEAFLO-110V-Water-Diaphragm-Pressure/dp/B075V9RBYR

This or similar that has an integrated pressure switch, you can find them in varying pressure and flow ratings. Install an accumulator tank between the pump and faucet for smoother performance, you’ll likely have some pulsing without it.

Or a Grundfos MQ for something beefier.

2 Likes

I think any pump should get it done
With a pressure switch or a simple in and off button
I would not pressurize the tank receiving from a RO unit for back pressure reasons on the RO unit
Just for info purpose there are RO units that can produce 1000 s of liters a minute and more
The entire island of Aruba it s water supply is sea water RO water :wink:

2 Likes

A flow switch should work to in combo with a pressure switch
Tap open s flow switch turns on
Tap closes flow switch turns of
Pressure switch kills the pump with
Some pressure in the lines for next use
You’ll need a one way valve thou

1 Like

I mean, will Aruba’s system fit in my closet and attach to my sink hahah? If so I’m 110% DOWN. Talk about on demand RO lol. I was looking at some larger 4-10k in price units that claim to have an output 5-10k GPD but those are so far out of the price range and need for this situation, are system like that what the larger cultivators use?

2 Likes

Thank you for your help, I’ve found lots of pumps but I don’t want to get the wrong one and most that I have found call themselves drain pumps or sub pumps and I didn’t think those would work right. I’ll try out this red pump and see where it gets me.

why wouldn’t you just use a bladder tank?

1 Like

Back pressure will slow the RO

The solution @cannabuilder suggests is exactly how I achieve pressurized water in my RV (bus)…at least when I’m not out collecting magic dirt for canniabinoid isomerization.

I also have a momentary switch at the sink and an override (disable) on the automagic (pressure sensing) pump for times when water is in short supply.

2 Likes

I run a T from my RO output, one side to an elevated 50g foodsafe barrel with a float shutoff and a spigot and the other side to a check valve to another T that goes to a bladder tank and then to a faucet. I have well water, so I’ve set my diff pressure switch and main water bladder tank to Maintain a minimum 60psi. Haven’t had any issues with flow or filter function.

3 Likes

Anyone have any idea how to keep a 120 ish sq ft room 55-60F ish cold while simultaneously reintroducing fresh filtered air through a true HEPA filter and taking air out through a carbon filter?

A HRV or ERV

2 Likes

Opticlimate grow airco units