Questions on switching cls from active to passive.

4x48. Keenovo wrap get the closed off column to 65-75psi jump it to the next column for the vapor push close off heated column run all pumps (3-4) to just that column recover it and then continue and switch column while the one You just vapor pushed is heating up and repeat.

3 Likes

Checks out how’s the residual heat from the Keenovo wrap ? As in how warm are the
Columns after the heat cycle for vapor recovery? What temp are you running on them? We use jacketed columns and after we recover all vapor they are still warm and have to let them cool for maybe 5 mins before reloading a new sock.

1 Like

It use the the one s with the thermosta and usually turn them to about 110 degrees or so and watch thw psi, that the main thing i look ag not the temp i can turn them all the way up cause im only waiting for as long as it takes to unbolt a remount and vac a column down which usually take 1-2 mins. The wraps dissipate the heat fast once you take the wrap off, and 9/10 times you can push the column out empty with your hanc

3 Likes

I supposei could do the same passively, with the wrap, after i sweep with n2, and purge ,
I can heat column to build pressure up from residual, and push back into my coil and tank?

I dont run passive and dont use n2, but i dont see why not. You could just put a T on your recover line with a valve and open jt whenever or just keep it cracked on recovery so the hot vapor doesnt warm your tank too much, it also helps to use the hot vapor to empty your coil or heat exchanger at the end of the run or day

1 Like

Yeah, this works with passive. A jacketed column would work great, Or a normal column with a heat pad.

With my open sleeve I have to swap the Slurry out with hot water and then swap the water a couple times to get the pressure to where I want it. This isn’t that big of deal because I can do it while the bulk of my solvent is recovering, But still bothers me lol

Tbh I don’t think I even benefit all that much from running a slurry in my sleeve. I have just been doing it to keep pressures down since I have been running a very propane dominant blend

2 Likes

@Dred_pirate

3 Likes