Questions about the site and scammers and stuff

^What’s that for?
Why do we utilize janitors to stop the cbd spam buyers and sellers instead of bots?
Why aren’t there new account post/thread creation limits?
Wouldn’t it be easier to unlock worthwhile accounts rather than have to go about cleaning up a whole bunch of trash?

Thank you for your time.

2 Likes

This free forum does well with non specific spam filtering, but unfortunately doesn’t have a good built in CBD Spam filter.

You can issue more likes as you gain more “Trust”

5 Likes

That makes sense. This thread has some good info on cutting down the spam account registration Stop Forum Spam

1 Like

This is interesting. I had never thought that there would be a limit on likes. That it is a spam filter means I don’t know really what spam is. I started posting on reddit again recently and posted several IG clips one day. An admin wrote and said he was not sure if I was spamming the site or if I was just enthusiastic lolz. I explained I had already created the IG posts and was just recycling the information into reddit that way.

I get the idea that plopping too many posts from one user down in a short time might be a nefarious thing but about the likes having a limit is a new idea. I refer often back to future4200 but I will say the posts have grown in volume and it can be tougher now to squirell down to the good free stuff. I am finding many who are capable folks but are sort of searching for a place that can spoon feed information. I provide as many angles on the camera and as much data shown as possible but assume the viewers will take the initiative to run down the basics on theory and such. When they don’t lolz I just suggest that posting the question here might be better because of a lot of good free info.

P.S.

Thanks for this site @Sidco_Cat and @Future! This place has GROWN lol and has become known as the high level place to obtain decent information. Folks get noticed here too. I have been offered a sponsorship even just to use their labware in my videos that they could post on their own site from what they saw on this site. For consultants this means this site is being watched without question by those with advertising dollars and/or a need for technical help. I had to decline the offer made but wanted to share how this free site can indeed turn into potential profit for those who contribute. Perhaps @Sidco_Cat and/or @Future and any other local user of this forum can collaborate on a video someday. It would be fun to have a small group do a sesh here at my home lab but with footage from each person compiled into a fun video. Just a thought. Something informal but with a lab being run like maybe a third pass high purity run because those once set up can run in under an hour from start to fresh dabs and the video could cover basics as told from several different folks?

6 Likes

This whole community loves @Killavolt and @SkyHighLer and they both love sharing these types of concepts. Perhaps we can crowd fund these videos and sticky the threads they end in. Videos for crystallization, pesticide remediation, extraction, distillation, ect ect

5 Likes

Perhaps we should organize the appropriate threads in each topic to be stickied, we should also upgrade the topic thread for each category to include links to helpful information contained within each thread?

Anybody interested in tackling this shoot me a DM, you will get all the praise for accomplishing such a task, and notoriety around here seems to pay, as @Beaker has noticed

7 Likes

I’m still trying to figure out what this red shit is that keeps showing up in my oil and that I have never been able to get rid of.

Then my shit starts to darken and get a really red hue after a couple of days.
vacuum sealing may prevent this, but then it’s going to happen as soon as someone opens the jar.

2 Likes

sounds like you have a component that isn’t a cannabinoid

https://future4200.com/t/citric-acid-degumming-tek/

https://future4200.com/t/cold-degumming/

https://future4200.com/t/internal-journal-futures-pesticide-remediation-tek/

1 Like

I need to see someone do it and walk through the process… Im not understanding shit by reading about it, and the last time I tried citric acid degumming I fucked up an entire batch and lost probably 1kg of distillate.

I gave up after that cause I just couldn’t get it right nor could I find information I could follow.

3 Likes

I bet if you made a thread titled “I do terrible degumming… why?” there will be another thread on this forum with massive polished nuggets of information just laying everywhere just DEMANDING to get its self stickied.

2 Likes

lol that’s not a bad idea…perhaps I’ll do that in the near future.

2 Likes

It is turning out that being a contributor here is one way to gain credibility but it may not seem all that obvious at first. This has to do with @future and @Sidco_Cat holding a higher standard when it comes to knowledge presented and how they handle what is turning out to be industry leaders in terms of knowledge. It is a tricky path with so many personalities. There are many paths to success in this refinement and some frankly disagree with others but this site has been careful not to toss out ideas just because they are at odds with each other. I have gotten many DMs in various places that talk about future4200 that tell me folks DO read this information and consider it valuable but that they themselves prefer to remain silent.

I would love to help and collaborate in any project this site takes on in terms of how to videos or photos. There is a place for micro refinement mixed in with what others do larger scale and I want to make a difference.:sunglasses:

6 Likes

Just to be clear, @sidco is the IT guy here, @Sidco_Cat is his mom. They are both amazing

8 Likes

And I’m just over here taking all the credit. :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Well I’m sure you have a lot to do with your son’s success! So I think you sure do deserve some of the credit. :beers:

8 Likes

organizing this place would be awesome. I noticed that I can no longer keep up with the post rate, and my ability to generate a two or even three word query from memory, that turns up the right thread is about done… because of the size of the knowledge base. because of the specific & repetitive nature of the text, even 4 word queries are failing me sometimes.

so much for making it look easy :wink:

5 Likes

WikiJane is the answer to this, a static wikified version of the info here. OTSS is a prime candidate. I also like @Future idea on making a pin for each category of ‘gold’ posts.

4 Likes