Questions about bioavailability of cannabinoids

I have always wondered about the bioavailability of cannabinoids and how much is actually being absorbed by the body and is there a certain threshold where having a higher potency doesnt really make any difference becuase the maximum point of absorption has already been reached.

I know vaping is one of the best ways to achieve high bioavailability but is there really a diffference if someone vapes a cart that has is 85% thc and say 60% thc. Is there a limit to how much our cb1 or cb2 recptors can uptake. I understand in theory that you should be able to get more from the 85% cartridge but if you have been smoking thc for years and havent taken any breaks then your tolerence if far greater because your cb1 and cb2 recptors are essentially clogged and therefore my hunch would be that it really doesnt make that much of a difference when it comes to the examples above because there is already a limit of the possible uptake.

Thoughts ?

1 Like

Yes. There is a limit to how much your lungs can absorb. Assuming you are inhaling it only and using a vape pen, you get a visual indication of whether you are wasting it or not. With a high potency cartridge when you exhale there should be no visible vapor. If there is it has cannabinoids in it and it is being “wasted”. Smaller hits are far more effective means of moderating intake than decreased potency. I would never choose 60% over 85% and it has very little to do with thc content and more to do with what is not in the 80% sample. Though 80% is low end of good thc distillate accounting for 10% terpenes added. The user must be educated or they waste it and complain.

1 Like