Question about mother liquor distillate

Purchased some mother liquor distillate to make cookies with and some is crystalized on the side I was wondering is this the cbd in it separating or is it all the same. Like if I mix it all up does it matter or could I take the portion that isnt hardened and it have less cbd content

If you intend to do formulation based of the labs provided when you purchased it, probably a good idea to heat everything up and homogenize it.

5 Likes

No this is for personal/ friends&family so if the nom crystal portion has higher thc content that would be great

But yes, that’s probably your CBD crystallizing.

3 Likes

Mother Liquor Cannabis Report with QC.pdf (1.3 MB)
Thank you I didnt know if the cbd would separate like that very cool this stuff is not safe to vaporize and inhale right? was told its fine to eat

2 Likes

CBD will usually crystallize at any concentration larger than 50%. It crashes faster at higher concentrations (obviously).

1 Like

What is the main difference between mother liquor and distillate especially when it comes to taste?

I was told by a gummy formulator that mother liquor leaves an aftertaste that is impossible to get rid of. That’s a shame because the cannabinoid content and price is right.

1 Like

They just weren’t distilling it properly. If you are good enough at the ol’ spd you can make orderless and flavorless distilled mother liquor all day long and very repeatable

7 Likes

cbd will crash out and crystallize on the jar yes.
The rest is a slurry of d9, minors and residual solvent.
id be curious how much pentane is still in there

2 Likes

Hopefully none…

Op did state:

Provided it’s actually been distilled properly, residual solvents shouldn’t be an issue.

2 Likes

It’s just disty, not mother liquor; fyi

2 Likes

If you look at the cannabinoid potency I’d wager that this deff starred as ML and then hopefully was distilled. Also it says mother liquor on the labs and he called it ML on the title and OP :person_shrugging:

You just making a point about semantics or what?

2 Likes

?

I’m with @ky_cbd

Cannabinoid profile suggests industrial waste from CBD isolation.

IF it was distilled post crash, it won’t have residual solvents, but “don’t huff it brah!” from the source suggested to me that it has not been distilled, and probably still has pentane/hexane/heptane in it.

The viscosity is also looks consistent with that scenario to me

5 Likes

There’s none of that info that I see, must’ve missed it.

1 Like

“Question about mother liquor distillate”

Is the thread title

First five words of the post

“Mother Liquor Cannabis Report with QC.pdf”

name of the lab test

And further if you looked at the coa it does seem to indicate"mother liquor" as far as the ratios of cannabinoids in there

Hope that helps?

Found the pdf… client/metric id: mother liquor…

That’s the only place it shows.

Anyways I was letting OP know that what he has is disty, not mother liquor.

You’ve lost me again.

What’s the distinction you’re making? It’s been distilled, so it’s distillate, not mother liquor?

2 Likes

Yes, exactly

Vendor said that its mother liquor that has been re-distilled, what would make this unsafe to vaporize/smoke?seems most distillate is okay to

Well like @cyclopath said, residual solvents may be a thing if it wasn’t done right, that may be safe to assume if your vendor said don’t huff it :person_shrugging:

1 Like