Question about mixing cbc with d9

hey everyone, i have some questions bout using cbc to thin out a formula newest batch of disty is extra solid. our disposables are 1.8mm x 2 for intake holes usually just use 5-6 % bdt and disty and they end up wicking well after a few days. with this new oil being a bit more rock solid than normal im thinking ill need to add some cbc to drop the viscosity a bit to keep the oil flowing into the coil well.

as far as my questions/concerns- Im thinking of keeping the terp % the same or maybe dropping it 1% or so and adding 3-4% cbc to make the mix in the ballpark of 8% dilution

Does cbc have an impact on the end product taste/smell and or any harshness?
As well would it be recommended to mix with disty before hand if i am doing say a liter batch should i homogenize the liter and cbc and then add the terps or would heating back up cause any type of unwanted reaction taste or smell wise with the cbc?

Lastly if i am autofilling a liter batch with oil being kept around 180f for an hour or so to fill 1000 will there be any of the concerns as above for final product end result.

Your situation is weirdly similar to mine- so I am interested in the replies.

@HowToWeed knows about cbc but hasnt elaborated when I asked him about it myself.

CBC is amazing for lowering viscosity, it doesn’t really affect flavor of the high and has pretty much no downsides other than the cost.

I have several videos using it in my channel, it works great even for cutting down shitty flower rosin so it can flow in vapes.

A 5% ratio should do you fine, that’s about how much I use usually.

1 Like

If it takes you an hour to fill, don’t heat all the oil at once to 180F… Just common sense… just heat what you’ll be able to fill in the next 5-10 minutes and repeat. Keep the oil on a lower heat while waiting of course.
An hour at 180F will fuck your terpenes up no matter how you do it… cbc or not

Mix the cbc and the thc first then add the terps, as with any mixture of any cannabinoids.

1 Like

is mixing at 140f safe for most of the terps?

and how long does it take for the terps to mix in well with the already heated distillate mix?

basically, i’m gonna mix my distillate and stuff all up, and obviously last step you add the terps. i’m shooting for 30 minutes at 140f on the hot plate , to let it cook and mix in for a bit.

is this way too long? please give guidance

@HowToWeed

How much are you mixing at once? What are you using to agitate it? Are you measuring the temp of the oil or the hotplate?

Just watch till it’s mixed, it shouldn’t take too long if you’re mixing it properly. 140F is a good enough heat for your purposes.

Do some 50 gram batches till you get a full grasp of what your doing, these are super simple questions your asking answered in my most basic of videos. You clearly are not knowledgeable at all on this subject. Just watch my content, I don’t know why you think you know to much to watch it then ask these questions.

yes I am learning and not as smart as you , thanks.