question about liquid chemical/solvent diaphragm pumps

will vacuum affect these pumps? https://www.northerntool.com/images/product/2000x2000/706/70636_2000x2000.jpg
i want to use vac to draw liquid to the pump, once the pump is wet kick it on and needle valve the vac for assistance. could this work or am i high as fuck? working on an idea for etho recovery

I’m confused. Either I’m high or you’re high. Maybe both!

A) It looks like a double diaphragm pump, and should be self-priming (aka it pulls some vacuum on the inlet on its own)

B) You want to connect a vacuum pump to the outlet of this diaphragm pump? What are you trying to draw liquid ethanol from?

I want to vacuum the receiving vessel, all the way to the loading vessel. The lines, and the pump, but I’m not sure if the pump will close off and stop the vacuum at the diaphragm. I need the vacuum to pull vapor to a condenser to start condensing liquid, if I can get etho to condense at a steady rate, the pump would pump the condensing liquid, making an active etho recovery… Maybe

I dont think the diaphragm pump is strong enough to pull vapor is really the problem

You’re probably right, I highly doubt it’s enough to keep a steady boil going alone``

So you want to use it as a compressor, between the evaporator and condenser?

My highdea was to put the pump between 2 big condensers, one after the boiling vessel to create liquid, then pump, then another condenser to keep liquid flowing, then receiving vessel.

I feel like the idea could be worked out, but I’m not sourcing the correct equipment for the job.

Look into “liquid ring” vacuum pumps. Perfect for this application

2 Likes

I want to build a better/ affordable etho recovery.

Thank you, man. I will

I’m sick of seeing $100k+ price tags. That’s bullshit