Quality Stainless Parts CRC

Has anyone used the QSP CRC column with the QSP 2 lbs loop? I would imagine the crc would just go in between the column and the recovery tank, has anyone tried this?

Yes its been done before

I stopped becuase it made the loop insanely tall and I ended up getting a rack instead

2 Likes

I’ve not used that specific one. If you are looking at the 6" CRC column on a 2 lb extractor, I’d say that is oversized for the extractor…

The CRC column an intermediate step in between the material column and the recovery tank.

1 Like

Pack your powder at the bottom of the biomass in the material column. Fuck the crc

5 Likes

Yea spend that money on a 5 micron filter plate and a 0.5 micron filter

1 Like

@FicklePickle @Apothecary36 when I got my system the crc came with it, I have the 1 micron filter

Right on. I suggest using a bypass tank between material column and crc. You want to get everything off the weed fast and the crc can get in the way of that happening

3 Likes

Is there a way to do that with the QSP unit?

Use a second spool you can inject into the top cap with & run the bottom end to the crc to give you room for a flood column between material chamber & qsp crc that way you can equalize your pressure & flow rate.

Don’t pack the bottom of your column. A 4" 2lb column packed with tree, papers, and powders is goin gto be a fucking bitch. Guranteed flow issues.

Running cold CRC you would want to have a thinner column to help save on powder, however the surface area and thickness of your cake determine effeciency. I prefer to use the 6" QSP CRC. I do use a bizzybee disc inside my column.

Also, you don’t really need a flood column on your machine. I think people make way bigger deal out residence time then they should. I typically run a no soak SOP and it takes 9 minutes to remove all the gas from my flooded material column. And just about 25 minutes for the full run. I run 70/30 10lbs/lb and I recover with a 2 cylinder BVV rebuild cmep and a DI tank at 2psi.

1 Like

It’s only gonna have flow issues when you start to have a massive cake. 450g+ He should be able to run 50-100g of powder no issue whatsoever. I solely run like that and don’t see flow issues

2 Likes

I’ve been able to reduce n2 use and run time, just by running a nice big CRC column with a wider surface area apposed to deeper. Consistently deal with flow issues steming from material and filter on the same column. There are also a bunch of other SOP issues that present using a single column for both that just slow you down.

If your just doing a few lbs a day I guess it’s no big deal, but if your trying to feed the machine 20 socks a day it’s probably not the best bet.

There is more than one way to skin a cop, and different ways work for different people with different ends in mind.
Personally I do 6 socks and then run that solvent thru the crc at one time(batch-style)… it’s all depending on what you have on hand and what you’re trying to do.

1 Like

This is very different from what we’re talking about above, he’s running small columns not 20 socks a day. I’m suggesting compressing the media under the bio. Not just an attached crc that’s compressed under vacuum

I mean he said 2lb machine and QSP CRC… I rock both. Figured id just offer my .02

2 Likes