QC of Biomass

Howdy Folks –

I’m in the midst of scaling up a crude set up I designed and needs lots of Biomass.

Problem is in the wild west out here in CA is that the cowboy mkt is full of snake oil salesguys and johnny-come-latelys that wanna broker trim instead of turkeys locally.

Some batches have clearly been run before. One sign my group agrees on is that when Bio is getting loaded into Steel and it’s incredibly irritating on the skin… it’s been run before or post-run bio has been mixed. We also will go over the bio when drying it pre-extraction w a commercial gas sniffer used in the plumbing/hvac industry [way better then the shitty bhogart ones].

Does anyone have go to FIELD KITs or SOPs they use to get some quick feedback on Biomass allotments?

Appreciate any input [besides telling me to get new plugs] or redirection for this inquiry.

V

My last clients wash i just did was a FN joke! From his 25lbs trim, im looking at 750ml max of crude. From MY 13lbs of trim, i got the same ml of crude.

I wont be running his garbage any longer.

2 Likes

Most everything Bhogart sells is shitty, and their customer service is atrocious. Have no doubt that anything “industrial grade” like the HVAC one you got costs more than what Bhogarts target market wants to pay.

I can’t speak to post extracted material irritating the skin, and I’m on the hemp side but I’ve definitely had batches in our industry which are irritating the skin due to how dry the material is, these definitely had not been run prior. Don’t know if I’d consider skin irritation a characteristic of biomass that you could repeatably use as part of an SOP (at least, I wouldn’t want to be the test guy…)

1 Like