Pure Flo 6000 Supreme bleaching clay vs T41 bleaching clay

Just as the topic says. Anyone try Pure Flo 6000 Supreme bleaching clay for D8 conversion? It carries a PH of 2.5 (a bit lower then T41) and a quarter of the price. Still a bleaching clay.

May by some and try it if any of our D8 experts or chemists feel its worth a shot.

I have used perform 6000 for CRC with great results. It’s cheap and my go to bentonite source (25kg ~ $200). I don’t know if it’s the same product, I think perform is a food safe alternative version for cooking oils.

I don’t have any isolate laying around or I’d give it a try. Got a w/w suggestion to start? Anyone want to sell me a couple kilos of isolate to try it?

1 Like

I don’t have isolate but have 10 liters of 92% compliant.

I’d say start at same temps and weight (90c 5%). Seeing that the conversion sequence is (and correct me if I’m wrong…been up for 36 hours straight) CBD-D9-D8. I’m seeing great results of D8 with fair amounts of D9 left. I’m sure with what’s been happening is it’s not acidic enough (without going to non-food grade methods.). I think I’m gonna order some and try it out myself.

1 Like

The clay comes moist af, using it dry and wet will likely yield different results. If material is even a little moist my CRC immediately locks up bc I don’t find baking it worth my oven space.

1 Like

I’ll run both ways. I don’t mind drying overnight in my oven ( have one handy for glass drying).

Have a few runs going on now and once I finish those up, I’ll try a run of it