Pumping a slurry into a centrifuge running at low speed

Love the tote-tek

1 Like

Not a lot of other ways to get Big, Cheap, Stainless, all on one place.

3 Likes

Almost :joy:

3 Likes

You ever seen these things when they’re in the mood for a walk?

6 Likes

Break dancing would be a better description of the unstrapped fuges I’ve seen😂

5 Likes

Sometimes they will just pick a direction and start wandering…

Or break cement anchors trying.

Most of the operators I’ve interacted with are not nearly as scared of the things as they should be imo.

If they’re break dancing and providing their own accompaniment, they’re almost certainly asking for maintenance (if they don’t get it, they may try and kill you over it: How do you make a centrifuge go WOOF?)

6 Likes

Whatabout drilling a 3/4" hole in the top of the panda and delivering a controled ammont of solvent through…

A plastic container with a spout would drip the solvent in a controlled manner.

Just would need to figure out t/L of your hole, with a stop watch and a measuring cup.

A diy solution perhaps from the top?

@Rowan isn’t playing with a panda, and is trying to load a slurry into a moving basket.

There are a couple of issues doing this with a panda.

One is they spin so damn fast, so they really do try their best to become rocket ships if you pour too fast.

Another is that the rotating mass is almost ALL the mass, making lift off far more achievable (but everyone knows to strap down a panda before feeding it liquor and cannabis at this point right?).

5 Likes

Im specifically looking at the cedarstone 150 model

And honestly all this talk of straps and dancing makes me lean way more heavily towards a Vincent press.

3 Likes

Doing slurry loading in a standard basket fuge is a terrible kludge.

Look for a scraper or peeler centrifuge instead - they’re designed to be loaded with slurries.

6 Likes

Aren’t decanter centrifuges made for slurries or a bottom discharge scraper centrifuge

1 Like

Yep.

That’s not what OP has on hand.

Rumor has it he’s feeling screwed and (de)pressed.

Peelers/scrapers come in side or bottom discharge. Are both perforated basket fuges.

Neither should be confused with the decanter

2 Likes

Im gonna stick with what i know and squeeze reak hard

1 Like

Hugs!

A fuge basket got loose and hits you you’re most likely dead. It being full of solvent and going off track and spinning at you at high rpm that’s also a flamethrower spinning at you.

A closed loop hydrocarbon extraction unit like Butane/Propane/Isobutane… It’s a live grenade that you can and have to diffuse but make no mistake the solvent leaks and finds its way to an ignition source and its game fucking over.

A c02 extraction unit can do serious damage with the explosions that could occur of something went wrong… A c02 extraction unit is an automatic high pressure bomb that could nearly obliterate the operating environment and most likely kill or paralyze someone unlucky enough to be around it.

There’s a lot more that can happen like burning the shyt out of yourself on a rosin press that accidentally starts to have cascading heat issues and you end up on fire or burning your flesh so bad it looks like a plastic toy being melted… think of robot chicken.

… A vaccum pump could catch fire and explode. A beaker could burst with solvent in it. A heating mantle or water bath could go faulty mid run. Water chillers could go faulty mid run. An electrical fire. Your lights going out and the back up generators cause a spark and an explosion happens.

… Always be mindful of the possibilities and the fire exits.:point_up:t2:

4 Likes

This is why i am going with a vapor tight @VincentCorp1931 screw press.

Whats gonna happen with a screw press? They’re brutally effective and simple tools.

Depends the type of centrifuge used. There are continuous style vertical basket centrifuges out there. The few that I have seen have a raised spindle bowl to allow for liquid/solids present while spinning.

I wouldn’t recommend it on a typical centrifuge we see in our industries, good way for the centrifuge to walk away lol.

1 Like

Yes, you can indeed drive screws into any substance you like with a big enough hammer.

A screw press in my experience is a filtration/OPx nightmare. Literarily the last type of liquid/solid separation I would recommend.