Pulverize Diamonds

Don’t use a frozen ninja, you’ll lose alot in all the nooks and crannies. Instead find a cheap spice grinder, the blades are dull & this is key to breaking it up evenly and not introduce heat.

As @cyclopath says

5 Likes

burr grinder ? have a link ?

Unheated t-shirt press,

I would say a bullet grinder with a flat blade

or maybe use a hydraulic press with a stainless square container at the bottom that’s bigger than the brick on the press for easy removal.

Go down just enough until you hear a crack

Think something like this on the cheap, low throughput side:

And something like this for the more expensive, high-throughput end:

Burr grinder are bladeless mills that have a custom set granular size of the output material, but if someone wants to do it manually, I highly suggest a good metate.

7 Likes

At such scale, I would rather advise ball grinding.

1 Like

US $193.50 14%OFF | XEOLEO Grains grinder Electric Grain Grinder Mill Grinding powder machine Stainless steel 750g medicine flour powder crusher

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPZ8Ssg

1 Like

Pretty sure that type of mill uses blades, and with the hardness of isolated THCa, I can imagine they wouldn’t last long. I’ve done a lot of salt milling with bladed grinders and destroyed the blades real quick.

Both @Dr_Jebril and I have proposed bladeless options for milling, and I think that with OP already having seen ware on a bladed grinder, they are seeking an alternative solution that will also create a uniform grain size.

3 Likes

Can you right up an sop?

2 Likes

Yeah!

Dry ice and a vacuum sealed bag and a concrete wall or floor are needed.

You put your diamonds in the vacuum sealed bag.

Put that vacuum sealed bag with your diamonds on the dry ice for 4 hours.

Throw your vacuum bag that’s at subzero temps that contain your diamonds against the concrete.

Cut and pour your crushed powder and enjoy.

Cryogrinder/mill
This looks pretty tight, you can also grind human hair, teeth, and bones!

You could also just embrittle them with dry ice and shake them in a large vacuum seal bag.

Might have larger chunks at the bottom but I’m almost sure you can just put them in a vacuum sealed freezer bag on dry ice, take the bag off dry ice and then shake like crazy and you’ll end up with powder.

Anyone try this

Edit:don’t do this

Such method is not convenient at all.
Doing so, one quickly gets holes in the frozen plastic bag, material spilling out and small plastic pieces mixing with it. :grimacing:

7 Likes

Was ½ serious with that tek

2 Likes

Sounds like you need a conical mill.

Yea I was under the impression the bag tek was a joke this entire time.

2 Likes