Pulling Gold , but Vacs down dark almost black

Hey everyone I’m running a Percision x10 and cascade ovens . Running a 70/30 mix chilled at -70f Collection pot 100f pulling gold slabs but when it pulls to full vac it turns dark ( pull from collection pot , sits in oven for 20 mins pull vac to -18.4 to -20 hg sit for 24hrs flip than full vac -29.9 at 90f (Material is 1 month old trim )

Post more information

Age of material?
Oven temp?
Time in oven?

2 Likes

just updated

1 Like

machine trim?
trimmed wet?
stored how?

edit: have you confirmed your oven knows how to tell the temperature? that it is actually reading in F not C? if your slabs are going in the right color, I suspect your oven is considerably warmer than you think it is.

5 Likes

Easy way to check the internal temp from the oven
Is place a mechanical beef thermometer in the oven pull vac and read temp in time
Make sure you by one with low temp readings visible most start at 40 C but some start at 20 C

3 Likes

Gold to almost black would definitely take a considerable amount of heat. I think it should be pretty obvious if your oven is really that far off. Several shades darker is one thing but gold to almost black is a pretty drastic change.

Perhaps it’s not truly gold and just looks lighter before settling onto itself? You should post some pics if you can.

3 Likes

Are you running distilled clean solvent or right out the “fresh tank” no this isn’t a SD add it’s a serious inquisition.

1 Like