Psilocybin therapy for Benzo withdrawal syndrome

Not the whithdrawl symptoms you describe but rumor has it that
Whithdrawl symptoms from benzo s
Can be eased with antihistamine medication and beta blockers
Maybe a member can confirm

2 Likes

yeah. dealing with some extra special neurochemistry & wiring at this point.

I know she’s seen her deamons up close and personal and is no stranger to psychedelics, but I don’t like the idea of dropping her inside her head to try and fix this on her own. I respect that she’s looking to solve it, and that she feels micro-dosing with psilocybin is something she needs to try.

I don’t feel qualified to do much more than connect her with a professional. If I was able to physically supervise I’d probably be willing to help…but she kicked my ass out of the house more than 30 years ago so I would go get my PhD :wink:

4 Likes

There is a right way and a wrong way to do mushrooms or any other psychedelic for that matter. Golden rule: If you’re going to trip, never do it by yourself, and always have a designated driver to use a familiar term. It’s not uncommon for people to have withdrawl symptoms years later from Benzo’s. I know Veterans who have never tripped before, eat enough mushrooms to have a full fledged trip. Afterwards they speak as if they had a religious experience. Everything looks and feels completely new. It’s not an understatement to say that Psilocybin, used properly, with a guide(straight person) can change peoples lives for the better. I can also say with 100% certainty that psychedelics can change your life permanently in a negative way. However, mushrooms at the right dose is magic. There was nothing like wandering around a Grateful Dead show on some Golden Teacher strain. Sorry, but i digress. My point, Psilocybin can be a wonderful thing.

3 Likes

there is plenty of info online that tackles the suggestion that I made above, about having a guide to get you safely through your journey into the unknown and return unharmed.

2 Likes

I have had problems being dependant on Valium & Tramadol - full trips definitely helped me and known to help many others. A low dose of 1g-3g mushrooms or 100ug-200ug of LSD can also help me with treatment resistent depression, anxiety, PSTD, ADHD & chronic pain I suffer from.

Regarding Microdosing mentioned, check out the microdosing subreddit for advice, it’s really helpful.

1 Like

Do you use a tincture or small doses of plant (?) matter

I’d rather Feel like a stranger, than be going down the road feeling bad
I digress

Several months back I was microdosing randomly and I definitely saw an improvement in my outlook and my overall spirit, much less mental negativity and some sort of peace of mind.

At some point in the near future I am going to make some proper powder microdose capsules , .25gm, I read one method of 4 days on , 3 off .25gm a day

1 Like

i micro-dose with the dried plant matter. I grow two different strains that i just mix them together. I crush them up enough so it’s pretty uniform. I’ve tried tinctures. It’s just not the same for me. I like to keep it very simple. i have a routine that works for me. Always grow your own…always. I was an addict for roughly 30 years. Addiction absolutely ruined my life, and that is no understatement. Mushrooms turned my life around. I’m forever grateful that psilocybin came into my life. Sorry if it sounds like i’m preaching, but it affected me in a profound way.

7 Likes

edited.

Not preaching at all. I’ve had that experience every time I use them. Glad they helped you!

2 Likes

i should’ve been more specific. I don’t micr-dose every day. I don’t know anyone that does or would for that matter. I micro-d once a week. About every 6-12 months I might take a heroic dose. About every 3 months I’ll take a regular dose(2.5-3gr). I think it’s important to analyze your micro-dose each time. I think it’s critical to be self aware of changes happening in you central nervous center. I take it very serious. I treat it with much respect. Because Mother Nature can play tricks on you even with all precautions adhered to. So just respect the medicine.

4 Likes

For those in OR.

We got psilocybin guided therapy on the ballot. Now we need to get it passed…

https://yesonip34.org/

This is exactly what my friend is trying to avail herself of. Only she is currently without a guide. Which doesn’t strike me as the way to go about this.

8 Likes

@yorkshire. I am starting to microdose psilocybin for depression/addiction recovery/PTSD. I am growing my own mushrooms and experimenting with tincturing in 40% ethanol. I use dried in tea currently. I have tinctured other medicinal plants such as St.John’s Wort and Lemon Balm for years but this is my first time tincturing mushrooms. Would you be so kind as to share why you prefer dried over tincture?
Thanks!

3 Likes