Project Perseus: The Medusa Killer

First off, apologies for my tardiness—I know this post has been long-promised but, as I think you’ll see, there have been a myriad of reasons for the delay.

Let’s Start with the Good News:

As noted by @Dukejohnson in this post, he and our gas supplier’s chemist have long been at work identifying the cause of the Medusa issues we’ve been seeing industry-wide for so long now. Once that was accomplished, we set to work with the Ph.D. chemical engineer who designed our supplier’s saturation purification reactors and processes to identify and manufacture an extractor side solution.

After several months of work, we’re proud to announce that functional prototypes are in the manufacturing and testing phase and the Perseus Filter will soon be available for purchase. The Perseus Filter consists of a mounted pressure housing with a removable, replaceable, disposable filter.

We are testing 10 prototype units that are being sent to me within the next three weeks. First, a few will be used in a partner’s lab in Oakland to develop a rough SOP. Next, @Dukejohnson, @Dred_pirate, and @thesk8nmidget have graciously offered to test a few more in their labs. ̶W̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶t̶i̶c̶i̶p̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶h̶a̶n̶d̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶l̶e̶f̶t̶o̶v̶e̶r̶-̶-̶s̶o̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶u̶g̶e̶n̶e̶,̶ ̶S̶a̶n̶ ̶D̶i̶e̶g̶o̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶T̶a̶c̶o̶m̶a̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l̶,̶ ̶p̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶;̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶’̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶u̶f̶f̶e̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶v̶i̶s̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶l̶a̶b̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶i̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶t̶o̶t̶y̶p̶e̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶I̶P̶’̶s̶ ̶s̶a̶k̶e̶.̶ (Testing spots are full.) Lastly, we’ll finalize the SOP, tweak anything we need to and, finally, offer the product for sale.

Teaser:

Seems Watered Down, Thought You’d Have More?

I agree. My write up for the Perseus Filter is incomplete; however, given our investment in developing this product, we simply aren’t willing to release more details until our patent is filed. In the same vein, we aren’t going to release the product until we’ve worked through the above process and confirmed that we have a viable, real-world solution, confirmed by forum testers. My hope is that you’ve seen enough of our track record to know that I’m not going to push you a bullshit product and call it gold.

Now the Weird News: What’s Up with GasLogix?

While I’m not going to go into all of the specifics in a public forum, our gas supplier, Cortland Energy, has gone out of business. Rather than calling it quits, we’ve decided we’re going to change how we do business to ensure we are providing clean gas for our customers to make clean medicine. To that end, we’re in the midst of designing and building our own processing plant specifically for extraction hydrocarbons. We are optimistically anticipating our new facility to be online by January-February of 2023. Additionally, in true Future4200 fashion, @AdChem has stepped up to partner with us as a temporary gas supplier until our new plant is online. This will ensure our current customers’ business is interrupted as little as possible during this transition period.

We’ve always said we think our customers deserve the best and we believe bringing a completely new way of handling gasses for the extraction industry is the best way to serve our customers. As another teaser, we have an additional product in the pipeline that’s designed to make everyone’s lives easier whether you buy gas from us in the future or not. More to come soon.™

Further Discussion/Next Steps:

The initial production round of the Perseus Filter will be limited to 100 units of housing/filter combinations. Those will take 3 weeks to manufacture. Once everyone signs off on the prototype’s efficacy, we will open orders exclusively to forum members for a seven-day period. Following the initial run, we do not anticipate limits or bottlenecks on production so ordering will be fully open—including to other gas distributors, media companies, etc.

I’m looking at this post as a hub for discussion on the issues noted above. However, please understand that I have been as candid as possible in a public forum. If I don’t respond to you with the exact information you’re looking for or in a time frame you deem appropriate, know that I’m either seeking an effective answer or it is an issue I simply cannot comment on at this time—feel free to reach out privately to clarify. As progress with our new facility, the Perseus Filter, and additional new products continues, I will be able to share more information on those fronts.

Thank you all in advance for your time indulging me in a rather long-winded post and I apologize again for my absence as of late, and I sincerely hope you can see the reasons we are excited for the future of GasLogix and the solutions it can bring to the hydrocarbon extraction side of the industry.

Test spots remaining:

S̶a̶n̶ ̶D̶i̶e̶g̶o̶ ̶-̶ ̶0̶
̶T̶a̶c̶o̶m̶a̶ ̶-̶ ̶0̶
̶P̶o̶r̶t̶l̶a̶n̶d̶/̶E̶u̶g̶e̶n̶e̶ ̶-̶ ̶0̶

I’ll keep this count updated live here.

Preorder list (100 spots available):

1. @globtek33
  2. @DetroitLove
  3. Strider Solutions
  4. @Operative
32 Likes
6 Likes

I thought this would take at least an hour. Quick!

8 Likes

Almost as quick as you found all of your customers coverage while you pivot. :clap::clap:

5 Likes

All credit to @AdChem on that. They are ON POINT.

11 Likes

Has @AdChem been confirmed to have gas that doesn’t cause the medusah issue? If so why is he not stepping up to the plate to share his methods to avoid the problem?

If there’s a clean solution why does anyone need the extra middle man?

4 Likes

I don’t believe so. It wasn’t my intention to imply that.

Edit: Moved test spots remaining and preorder list to main post.

3 Likes

Perseus wants to know if he gets a cut for using his name?

24 Likes

I would love to be a tester. Running in a legal facility in LA. I know I don’t post terribly much in here, but definitely have experience. I go by gratefulglobz on IG

7 Likes

Most companies don’t hit MOQ to get Distribution or wholesale pricing as a consumer for business on a lot of solvents. That’s where having them stocked and MSRP delivered kills it. Many suppliers won’t take your business and will send their distributors to handle the small fish.

Theyre good business and work hard on expanding and bettering.

Theyre focused on physical presence over drop shipping.

SF Bay / Humboldt primarily. Where Dry Ice is their primary manufactured good made in house. What delivers well with ice? Them gasses and other consumables!

2 Likes

I was worried someone would have snagged the name first. I’ll draw up an agreement right away for his review and paw print. Please ask him to leave my knee caps intact in the meantime.

12 Likes

Would love to test a couple out here in Michigan, running a nice size automated facility.

2 Likes

I appreciate the offer, sincerely, but I’m trying to knock out this round of testing in one trip since I need to physically bring the units to each tester: Oakland > San Diego > Tacoma > Portland/Eugene. Same to you @DetroitLove.

I am, however, happy to put you both at the top of the preorder list and that will come with a slight preorder/forum member discount.

2 Likes

Why not scale it to industrial size & filter it out prior to sending gas out & charge a premium for the garunteed clean supply?

3 Likes

That’s part of why we’re building a new facility that will include this filtering. Construction takes time though so we developed an interim, extractor side solution. Also, we’d like those that don’t want to buy gas from us for whatever reason to have an in house filtration option.

9 Likes

So we’re still doing the solutions with no proof of the identification that was claimed in the beginning of both threads?

12 Likes

We are. Though we’ll have confirmation from several unaffiliated labs of the solution’s efficacy before a single unit is sold. And if we don’t, we’ll go back to the drawing board.

2 Likes

How can you confirm the solution’s efficacy if you cannot identify the cause of the problem?

“The Medusa Killer” is quite the marketing slogan, I’ll give you that lol.

5 Likes

Throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks is a tried an true method in chemistry. Nothing wrong with making a hypothesis and constructing an experiment to see if it works.

11 Likes