Production Chemical Engineer and Manager

We have one goal in mind: Advance cutting-edge research to improve as many lives as possible. After over a decade in the biohacking world, we have collaborated and worked with some of the top leaders and researchers in health and longevity.

Our goal is to continue to drive innovation in botanical bioscience through our lab in San Luis Obispo, while also growing our retail supplement and hemp brand. We have a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and irreverence (at times) and our team loves it!

We anticipate 30% growth this year and need someone who is as dedicated as we are.

WHO YOU ARE

You thrive working alone and as a team, but don’t need much direction. You’re:

• Highly resourceful
  • Results-oriented
  • Reliable
  • An excellent communicator
  • Highly organized
  • Comfortable managing multiple tasks
  • Computer-savvy
  • Self-motivated
  • An excellent problem-solver

You are passionate about systems, productivity, and love to make lists. You learn quickly and are comfortable using Google for anything from quickly figuring out how to order new lab equipment to inform yourself on using new software.

Our company needs someone to create effective policies and procedures to ensure our production department operates at peak performance. We need someone that has a strong background of optimization, is comfortable being a part of a small team and thrives in an environment where they’re required to take on many different forms of responsibilities.

PRIMARY JOB DESCRIPTION

The Production Manager’s mission will be to ensure that our product production runs as smoothly as possible.

Some of your responsibilities would include:

• Managing and overseeing production
  • Designing and maximizing new processes
  • Researching and implementing new equipment to scale production
  • Analyzing processes and product quality results, and implementing improvements

You will be the go-to person for everything involved in the production part of our organization. Production Managers should have a background in business skills and analysis. Business Majors are not a requirement. A food science or chemical engineering background would be welcome.

COMPANY CULTURE

If you have the smarts and are someone who says “I’ll find a way” before “No,” then we want you on our team.

COMPENSATION

We make sure our employees are happy and want you to reap rewards as we grow. Highly negotiable and flexible based on skills and experience. We compensate very generously for talent and outcomes.

APPLY

Please email us your resume and cover letter at careers@angsciences.com

So who owns the IP? If you’re hiring someone with skills that they’ve developed elsewhere and you’re going to tie up their SOPs, a salary isn’t going to cut it.

1 Like

Usually SOPs Arnt tied up. It’s a fair use contract. Where they keep the rights to use the SOPs as they like but can’t keep me from spreading or using my SOPs at will or however I see fit. That’s how my last couple of contracts were structured atleast

Every SOP I touched in pharmaceuticals was proprietary privileged information even the calibration of balances. Chevron-Phillips also wouldn’t let you take any material home. That being said, I doubt it would hold up considering that some were a rough copy of the manufacturers manual.

If the person is going for a proper fine tune on say a rotovap then there will be enough variables with hose length, chiller efficiency, ambient temp and, vacuum model to have differences in the recommended SOP settings.

1 Like

So much greed in this community. What’s so wrong with open source. That’s the entire purpose of this website

1 Like