PROCHILLER M45 Series, -43 C

https://ironfistusa.com/product/prochiller-m45-series/

What’s this post for? It has no content

1 Like

Uh, these things aren’t very good. I witness one get service on almost a weekly basis and can hardly ever maintain temp, or set point.

Really I love mine. But I got it for 15k used. Been going 3 weeks 24/7 and -47f seems to always get -2 below set point of -45. Getting about 4lbs a min recovery with it.

3 Likes

Gotta agree with you, I am not sure about the build quality…

Im on my 3rd buildout for 2021, and I am still avoiding these chillers at all costs.
Their build quality does not look like traditional HVAC package build quality.

I prefer using HVAC equipment from legacy commercial/industrial manufacturers.

Theres plenty of reputable manufacturers that build 10-60hp chillers that go down to -50c and offer 4 year warranties on the compressors.

The larger, 60hp, has 126,000 btu, or 10.5 tons AT -50. Retails for about $70k ish.

I keep seeing these prochillers for sale, lightly used. And that only means one thing usually lol.

2 Likes

Who dis? I’m gonna buy a chiller in a year or so, and am looking at my options. Pro chiller was on the menu, until speaking with @Dred_pirate about the unit he’s referring to.

1 Like

I can post some quotes up here of active builds I have open with them.

Most of the flow rates, fluid types, and temp ranges we cannabis/hemp guys use are not standard configurations.
This vendor was quite annoyed when I first approached them about one of their OEM chiller builds they do for a (failing lol) equipment company that also posts on here, and required me to commit to a minimum yearly order quantity.

126,000BTU cooling capacity at -50f, for abt $80,000.

Pricing is obviously lower for their competitive 30HP model thats closer to where the prochiller m45 maxes out.

I’ll try to see if I can get some price sheets for the 10HP-60HP range.

-50f a good low temp max? Cant expect any lower without a cascade setup.

As these are custom HVAC packages, not off the shelf units, I am pretty sure they wont just sell a unit to a customer wanting one for their facility. Unless you have a PE/EE/Mec-E type up a formal parameter sheet with the order request and go through their process of speccing a unit out.

@SeedlessAnalytical is this the brand that we had on the old ethanol recovery system that needed to be repaired regularly?

We get our 20hp prochiller on Monday.

I’ll keep y’all in the loop with how it pans out

2 Likes

Came in this afternoon.

3 Likes

I’ll come back to this thread and post a picture of the techs working on the chiller I’m talking about every time I see them.

6 Likes

At this point, I’m just praying for the best :sweat_smile:

1 Like

At this point it’s all you can do…

haha

2 Likes