Processing crude through smaller dewax and crc

Hi everyone, im interested in lightening up around 2oz of crude. It was originally ran in a 1lb closed loop and is dark af, and has been @95f under vac for 3 days. This is the first time I’m trying to refine and just wanted to know if I’m on the right track, and if I can use a smaller setup for refining. From the research I’ve done, Im thinking I need to redisolve the crude in solvent(in this case it was made with butane), run it through a dewax, then a crc, correct? I currently only have a 1lb spool so I need to order parts, and am wondering if I could just get a 1/4lb dewax and crc, just to refine the 2 oz of crude? My plan is to use a 6x6 welded base, with two valves, put the crude into it, flood it(let it situntil dissolves) then send it to the dewax(let sit for 1-2 hours), then crc it into a second 6x6 with a platter for collection. Basically a whole new loop just for refining. Will this work? Thanks in advance!

sounds reasonable.
assuming you know how to use that dewing column.
correct implementation might require nitrogen.

having a dewing column or CRC that can’t hold your entire run doesn’t do you a whole lot of good next time you want to do this. So it might make more sense to size both so they can be used inline, rather than as an after thought/post processing setup.

one could ask why it took three days to decide that you wanted to stop removing solvent…

sound reasonable?

@cyclopath Thanks for the quick response! I have just one 3gal vac chamber(planning to get an oven real soon but for now gotta adapt) and after running 3 passes on the loop I had some things come up so I just threw all 3 passes on top of each other in the chamber. So now I got poop soup. I was contemplating in-line but I’d need to build a rack, get end caps, fittings, hoses, etc.
what’s making me lean towards a separate system for refining is:

1. Dry ice is 6-7$ a lb by me with no shipping options, so I want to make it work with as little as possible
  2. I’ll use less medium in the crc
  3. I Only have a 1lb closed loop, and building a separate refining loop will allow me to do another run while I’m refining, which I’m thinking would still work if I add another tube and rack it up in the future(to refine roughly 1/4lb of crude)
  4. If I’m not satisfied with color all I gotta do is swap the 6x6s and run it thru again
  5. While I wait for the first slab to bubble out, I can keep the refined mix stable if needed

Am I on the right track with thinking this? And damn I was tryna avoid using n assist, as gas is hella expensive out here. Can I just wrap a electric blanket around the crc? :joy: