Process Workflow of entire cbd extraction process using ETOH/Hemp

Hey guys, OK I have been in involved in a new start up company here in Europe and have been deemed as the head of production with our family business. I was wondering if anyone could provide some useful information to me or tools that I can use before we get up in running in a couple of months. Here is where we are at and my knowledge thus far:

We have purchased an 800k ETOH extraction machine from Root Sciences. We have a short path wiped film distiller (From China). This is it! No Lab, No rotary Evaps, etc. My investors would like me to figure out the path we need to take in order to produce tinctures, edibles, cosmetics and eventually become a white label producer here in Europe. Everyone thinks we can just sell the crude oil that comes from the machine because it is decarbed and already winterized. I beg to differ since I have been reading and watching videos (webinars, distillation, etc.) on further processing before the crude is even edible or sellable. I would think we would need to remove the THC as well using chromotagraphy (Interchim equipment) but then we would be re-introducing ethanol back into the product to then rotavap the ethonal back out.

Am I missing anything here or does anyone have a process workflow so I can show my investors what needs to be done to produce the final product. By the way, they have a rep coming next week to discuss 4 different chromatography machines (over 200K!) I just don’t want to see them put the cart before the horse here. Thanks everyone!

1 Like

@Roguelab insight?

What you are asking for is a pretty huge bear. I don’t do work in Europe right now… because you know Covid. x.X

My professional recommendation - spend some time with them (the investment group) and map out specifically which products they want and when. Then from the product listing create a user requirement for each one. Then from there you’ll know which processes need to be included. AND THEN you can decide on the types of equipment that you will need.

If they want you to be a contract manufacturer for all of Europe (oooo! How exciting!). Then making those decisions first will really set you up for success. It will also allow you to plan your milestones for each phase of the process and give the investment group and understanding of how much money they have to raise for each phase.

I’d love to help you more but I’m totally on the West Coast US. It would probably help others if you gave more specific information on the specific machines you have. You mention that you’ll be able to produce fully decarbed winterized crude with your current equipment - but you don’t mention all the equipment that I think you would need for that.

Feel free to reach out to discuss more via PM if you like. I’m sure others will be sharing knowledge soon enough. :slight_smile:

Good luck on your adventure! Sounds super fun.

Send me your email, I have one for t-free looking for my isolation one.