Problems with shatter on nug runs

Absolutely. This was dried flower that tested at only 1.1% terpenes.

1 Like

These were plate glass at room temperature. It was the biggest PIA to package. Then, customers complained that it was a pain to work with.

3 Likes

That’s pretty decent for flower, imo. 2% starts to get awesome and then anything above that is just a feather in the hat

2 Likes

I may be spoiled. I get high 2 to mid 3 from our grow for preroll stock. 1.1 was disappointing.

2 Likes

I didn’t say it was awesome. Just said it was decent. Haha but yes, anything above 3% is stellar. I’ve seen 4%. I’m sure there’s higher, just what I know I’ve seen

Too cold and you wont have any fats, sugars, or waxes present. You need fats/waxes/sugars to form a slab. They aid in inhibiting the formation of a cannabinoid lattice structure (crystals), and promote polymer style chains around the cannabinoids (slabs)…

If its dry material, you dont even need to heavily chill your system if you use CRC. You can make those CRC slabs running lile 5c-0c and a little CRC. Just make sure you pour thin enough.

Live material needs to be kept below 0c, to avoid thawing. Try 0c to -10c. If you need color adjustment, only CRC the amnt you need. Too much and you may strip all the fats/sugars/waxes too even if its not ran super cold.

I wont let anyone know media ratios, find out yourself. I had to.
My CLS brothers never directly taught me any of this info when we were all groundbreaking years ago lol. We all found out on our own accord.

4 Likes

Color remediation isn’t something I do or need too often. I was just seeing if the pigment and chlorophyll compounds played a positive roll in the slab formation like the fats and waxes.

Appreciate the knowledge and taking the time!

They pretty though :octopus:

Fuck it all and just break of shards and dab them on huge nails.

1 Like

i cleaned the collection and its nasty. it seems to have carbon black in the butane? i distilled it so it should be gone but wtf. I had a steel screen filter and felt filter= steel screen has what looks like activated carbon bits, the other one is black and the tank had black shit- im not complaining just reporting, it was qeg gas.

2 Likes

this is why one should try and educate customers rather than just giving them what they ask for. it doesn’t always work…

1 Like

Customer is never right but they are always right, am I right?

1 Like

Or read, try, repeat until one figures it out.

1 Like

Thank you! You actually answered a question I haven’t even asked yet, but was reading things about. You are a freaking mind reader! :two_hearts:

1 Like

The thing is, I didn’t disagree with them. Shatter is a pain compared to all the others. Add in the lower terpene content and it’s hard to argue in favor of it. A nice wet crumble, some saucy diamonds or syrupy sugar are so much easier to dab and have more flavors to offer.

@TRIPPIE hit the nail on the head. The customer is always right. Even when they are mistaken.

5 Likes

I have had my shatter in the oven for 5 days/ 12 hour flips and its still bendable,WTF?….Please give me a answer

1 Like

U didn’t run cold enough…colder the run more glass like

Take it out the oven running the ovem more isn’t gonna make it shatter Its gonna make it even more bendy

Tip the day freeze your material on dry ice before running and run dry ice cold

Also a lil b80 can help add stability

So what do i do with the bendy material? Lol It’s smell great clear as glass

smoke it? If the shatter doesnt shatter its not the end of the world.

4 Likes

Own it!

If you gotta gram it up yourself, freeze your metal vac oven trays and put your wax paper slabs on those while packaging. Will help make it shatter.

Does it have a “snap and pull” consistency?

1 Like

If you have to freeze anything after post processing it’s not shatter
I can’t stand someone selling me shatter and they pull it out the freezer and in ten min it’s snap and pull no shatter
Real shatter is glass like at room temp

Very easy to make esp w crc.

But freezing snap and pull and canning it shatter is no no

I’ve got strick set guidelines if you’d follow and you’d get shatter Everytime

1 Like