Prison time for medical dispensary owner in michigan

Interesting read, thought id share. What are your thoughts?

2 Likes

I believe that gentleman is the textbook definition of “low hanging fruit” as far as the feds were considered

3 Likes

Up until very recently, jan 1 2020, dispos were not legal. Police kinda turned a blind eye, unless you had lines around the block and or drew - attention. It was a caregiver/patient relationship and all meds were “gifted” vs “sold”.

1 med card = 12 plants, 2.5oz TOTAL
With a max allowance of 6 cards total. You were able to sign on patients, this is how you were able to legally (state) have 72 plants and a michigan pound (15oz).

Now we have recreational legal weed AND the old medical use.

For legal each person is allowed 12 plants, 2.5oz on person, and 10oz stashed at home.

I dont get how every time he was just let go w/o any time. Lawyers arent that damn good.

1 Like

Thanks for response. Yea and with him winning or getting off the allegations on him before, I guess he should of just packed up when he had the chance. Unfortunate situation but it looks like greed took over in this case.

If it does become federally legal does convictions become irrelevant and wonder if people like this would be released of there charges.

It appears he was pushing the boundaries kinda going a little over maybe? The details are not there but it said he was doing it all including manufacturing. That might be the key, Possibly extracting without a license. By the looks of it if the dude stopped at maybe a couple dispos he wouldve been off the radar a bit more. How rich do you really want to get when your in a gray area or bending the law. That should be the perfect time to do your thing but not exactly spread eagle about it.

2 Likes

He was also a convicted felon which I don’t think ever helps, makes me wonder how he got the license in the first place. Looks like greed was the culprit in those case

He didnt have a license. He made a comment about how there are lisence available for 1500 plant counts. So his measly 100 plant count should hold weight.

2 Likes

War on drugs. War on people.

3 Likes

Seems pretty cut and dry to me. Unlicensed convicted felon operating under the guise of legality. I’m not surprised in the wake of legal operations feeling undermined by the BM that the feds would be taking note of illegal operations. Many states including MA dont allow you to work with or own a cannabis operation with a felony drug conviction within the prior 10 years.

I’m not supporting what the feds did but…No license, not qualified for one, operating as though you have one.

Guy would have been better off funneling through street dealers.

3 Likes

This is not a loss for the cannabis community in Michigan, I can promise you that…

1 Like