Pricing on Various Raws Now and Into the Future(4200)

Hey guys,

Looking to see what pricing you are looking at for CBD raw ingredients ranging from flower to finished isolate and even converted d8 and d9. In addition to that, looking to get thoughts on where you think it’s all going.

Right now I see (on bulk pricing anyways):

CBD Crude @ 60% CBD for ~$70/kg
CBD Distillate @ 80% CBD for ~$120-$140/kg
CBD Isolate for ~$260/kg

While there’s an increasing lack of good quality biomass available in bulk, I personally haven’t see the rebound in pricing that everyone was expecting. Perhaps still the glut of biomass working its way through? I haven’t really seen demand dampen on CBD products and D8…what do you think?

5 Likes

Had this talk to 3 different people in the last month and no one can explain it. Prices are steadily rising on biomass but suddenly declining for crude distillate and isolate.

Similar thing happens to d8 where when isolate prices drop d8 prices drop, but when isolate prices plateau or increase, d8 prices continue to drop or at best plateau.

There must either be a glut of stockpiled crude distillate and isolate or there is still much more biomass out there that we arnt aware of?

Doesn’t really add up though your 100% right

6 Likes

When you deal with manufacturing, there are varying prices for different levels of commodities. That’s supply and demand for you.

I must have caught a super deal here on Future for CBD isolate. It was $150/kg shipped for base unit pricing without requiring a quantity discount.

3 Likes

prices wont stabilize until all the failing labs are out of business.

It seems like 70% of the labs out there are going out of business and selling products at any price they can to stay afloat.

7 Likes

Which totally sucks. That’s how you get a race to the bottom in California, Colorado, Oregon and soon enough Michigan.

4 Likes

We are a cGMP manufacturing facility producing CBD raw ingredients like crude, distillate, isolate, and D8. We saw pricing fluctuate quite a bit throughout this summer (June and July were very slow months), but it has been steady now over the past few weeks. We honestly hit rock bottom around the beginning of August when we were selling bulk CBD isolate at $225/kg. Definitely a low for us since we have been operating for almost 2 and a half years now and needed to move inventory for cash flow and to keep our crew working. Now we are seeing about $245-$250/kg for bulk CBD isolate. We primarily focus on CBD isolate since it’s the precursor for pretty much every conversion out there. We have also been shopping around for biomass over the past month and have seen over a million+ lbs still out there on the market, however most of the biomass material is kinda junk and has pesticides (no surprise there).

It’s been a ton of ebb and flow since we started (we are farmers in the Imperial Valley and grew about 500 acres in 2019/2020 :upside_down_face:), but the experience and knowledge we’ve garnered is priceless. This forum has helped us tremendously and we probably wouldn’t be around if it wasn’t for the folks on here. We are still surviving and hoping to see the light at the end of the tunnel soon.

10 Likes

This 100% a lot of companies out there operating at break even or even net losses to just keep cash flowing and trying to keep their head above water, or to try to wait out their competition and just survive on investor capital, or multiple other reasons.

But a lot of labs out there spend a month or more at break even just hoping for that price jump to go back to bein in the green to save up for the next month that’s back to break even pricing.

Growers have to bottom out and have all the ones that are gonna drop out, drop out. Same with labs.

Then it will stabilize.

But I don’t know how much speculation and investor capital will keep a lot of those labs that should go under, keep going in hopes of some sort of bounce back.

6 Likes