Pricing for cannabis derived terpenes?

But on that note @TheWillBilly id love to buy some samples of your CDT. Please pm me :call_me_hand:t2:

3 Likes

If I had a dollar for every time somebody claimed to have that magical hdt that doesn’t taste and smell like grass clippings.:rofl:

Feel free to hit me up for a mailing address if you really think you got the goods.

7 Likes

Here is some Basic math for you lol, decent Indoor Flower is 75$ a lb right now and trim is 25$ we only work with select Farms and We get about 1-2 liters of pure high Flavonoids/Flavonone CDTs from every 100 lb batch we run, we also get about 4 and a half kilos of diamonds, I take a half Liter to terp up my diamonds and the rest goes to carts or wholesale, let let’s say I end up with 5 kilos of diamonds with terps which I wholesale for 12.50$ that’s 62,500$ and let’s say I have a litter of CDTs left and wholesale it for 10k that’s 72,500$ gross profit, the biomass is 7500$ max, total labor is approximately 2000$, packaging is about 5000$ and sales commission is 10%(7,250$) which leaves me with a net profit of approximately 51,500$ and we dont just run a 100lbs and call it good we run 100s sometimes 1000s of lbs of biomass a Week, making high grade CDTs is literally just a byproduct of good flower and higher level Laboratory procedures

14 Likes

Thanks for breaking it down. Holy fuck the price of ins crashed way more then I thought it did

2 Likes

Those prices aren’t normal. Where can we get those prices? I just saw a pack go for 1500 for some dank last week.

I believe he’s referring to Oklahoma L2L prices

2 Likes

Even in California 75 bucks is not gonna get you fire nugs. Not even fire smalls. Fire smalls go for 150 if your buying insane bulk and it’s all old stuff. Anything good hits the 300 a unit range. You can get last years outdoor for 100/lb but that shit is mids and smells like it.

Why do you need nugs. If your good at refining terpenes you can pull the 1-2% of terps the trim has and be in much better shape. Now trim in Cali is almost worth nothing even Fire indoor trim only getting 20-25 max. Outs and gh almost has to give it away at this moment.

8 Likes

Kinda yes but lol

I am looking for indoor at 20-25 all day lemme know haha

11 Likes

For real. Anybody reading this with dank indoor at these prices don’t hesitate to hmu

3 Likes

There is no reason to use nugs for the terp process or even extracting.

In a fine tuned operation, the second the buds are dry enough they are trimmed and that trim should be collected and extracted within a couple hours or ideally minutes after it was chopped off the bud.

If u can do that theres really no difference between bud terps or trim terps, theres no reason to use buds themselves for terps unless the trim was cut off then stored for a period of time b4 extracting, trim degrades much much quicker than bud.

Indoor trim cost is roughly $2-10 for the producer, so if u were vertically integrated (honestly only way i see the fresh extraction working) you could be getting a L of terps for $2-10k from about 100lbs of trim, that would have to be trimmed off of roughly a 600lb (estimated dry trimmed bud weight) batch of buds. Estimated 2lbs per light, thats a 300 lighter room.

End of a cycle would look like 1L of terps, 4kg of thca and 600lbs of bud. Thats ALOT of bud to go thru and make sure its all up to par, u throw in one bad apple into the batch and ull turn the whole batch sour. Id rather go with the small scale $25+/ml stuff, they know every lb going into yhe process was up to par. Meaning picking out fan leaves, stems, any foreign matter that could have ended up in the batch. Which again i only see vertically integrated operations are going to be able to deliver the good good.

Would be interesting to see a clone to final terp competition amongst different companies, that starts with giving each team 100 clones of a “mystery” clone, letting them grow it out as they wish, extract as they wish, just needs to have nothing else added, only manipulating the oil by seperating, mixing, pulling, w/e u see fit. Companies tracks yields and efficiency in the growing and extraction process, then the final product is split into small ass quantities so u can ditribute it amongst thousands of judges and everyone votes for the best. Keep going with each strain, and u can give a seal or some sort letting them brand their product as the best terps u can get of that particular clone

9 Likes

Really appreciate that you took the time to evaluate the samples. Hope your formulation work went well with the company you mentioned.
Thanks again!

2 Likes

The reality of the situation is that we are dealing with a market crash unlike any we’ve ever seen before. We ran our terps fresh from the field. Within one hour of harvest. From organic flower. They came out great. All distinct flavors ranging from gassy and floral to candy and fruity.

The problem is that there is no price standardization for terps. In my seven years of terpene focused experience, I’ve seen HDTs go for as low as $2/ml to compete with botanicals and others as high as $20/ml.
For CDTs I’ve seen as low as $20 and as high as $80.

It’s not always quality based; it’s about how quickly the extractor wants to move their terps.

I currently have 42L of HDT sitting in my freezer. About 9 different varieties including: Watermelon Dream Sauce, Cashmere Kitty and Space Grapes. Stored under a nitrogen blanket at -20f.

Hearing offers from anyone interested.

5 Likes

:neutral_face::expressionless::neutral_face: I mean if you want to make the best you gotta start from the best but you do you man

1 Like

$10k canna terp liters sounds like $300 lbs. dont be surprised if the man turns around and says “you get what you pay for”

3 Likes

Your reading needs work like usual I said this was coming from max 75$ a lb usually cheaper but derail the thread like you always do because your personal feelings are hurt people prefer my terps to yours :man_shrugging:

This is where YOUR reading needs work, because I compared the $300 per pound “deal” to the $10k per liter “deal” where you say “its a $300 lb, what do you expect?”. I fully expect to see the same bait and switch here

1 Like

@qma stay big mad loser :grin:

1 Like

Who’s got live rosin terps cause I’ve only found 3 sources that can forsure produce them & only seen 2 forsure have them

Those are some terps that will really set you apart from your competition but they’ll come at a premium unless you’re scaled & sweating them off

1 Like

I Do but Can’t sell due to cost associated so use it to formulate with, maybe one day I will scale my rosin production up enough to make it viable to wholesale :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I’ve only found one company that produces at scale enough & can get them at a good cost but it’s something I feel some of the smaller scale rosin producers could achieve as well if they’re taking them off almost every batch except the specific tier 1 batches for jam & wetter formulations of rosin.

I wanna spin a few batches in a fuge & really get this shit rolling