Pricing for cannabis derived terpenes?

So if that stuff is $75 a lb, why would one theoretically charge $300 for lbs of what basically looks and smells like hemp?

One could make a full flip on fire smalls for 150 or a 3x profit at 300. Why would this theoretical trapper take materials that look worse and off them as smokable flower, while having indoor smalls for extraction?

Edited out my personal opinion

2 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: How i feel about @qma

Did you get any useful info? I have some cannabis terpenes we get from our co2 extraction very liquid and smell amazing I was thinking about a couple skus but also not sure how to price it…

1 Like

Not all terps are equal. Just b/c there CDT doesn’t mean there good CDT. Quality of the cannabis matters. Many ppl out there extracting terps from cannabis…doesn’t mean there good terps.

@ $5-$15/ml :thinking: probably TRASH or some kind of deception or mix …no way those are high quality. When have you ever seen good cannabis w a ticket lower than $500 (bulk) ? IF someone really out here selling GOOD quality CDT for that ticket I’d be shocked. And they’re probably rich. Just seems too go to be true.

IF that was the ticket for good terps there wouldn’t be so much trash vapes out.

Then again idk…ppl are very SHORT sighted. Bs replica terps are very cheap.

Anyways if you know of some good CANNABIS (not hemp) terps going for < $10/ml you should start a website and sell them asap. Your get rich.

1 Like

I spent over $1,000 a year ago searching CDT brands on this forum. It was such a damn waste of money.

Also stay away from Cali Terpenes at all cost. Absolute trash of a company.

3 Likes

(Do not hit me up for cdts for sale, im basically in the same boat as you, just looking for the best and havent found something ive fallen in love with)

Not to toot my own horn or anything but i think the terps i made 5 years ago from a makeshift nitro-assisted vac still, has been the best cdts ive seen on the market.

I did indoor flower runs because that was the first real crash and everyone was still growing quality but just had to get rid of it cheap. So i was getting indoor for about 600/lb when it was on average 1k-1.4k/lb a couple months b4 that.
I took fractions every half hour and combined all of the ones that smelled good. The last fraction always smelled like ass and when ur doing huge batches, ur gonna get some ass smell to make it thru. Doing small 1-5lb indoor nug batches, i think is the holy grail.
I wasnt selling the terps for less than 100/ml back then and they sold pretty nicely in the dispensaries, only real competitor at the time was blue river.

I only got about 5-10ml per lb, so selling them at 100/ml i was able to make my money back on the terps alone. Now i have no idea how ud make a profit off <10/ml terps even if u were getting the packs for $300/lb. I terp stripped them within 48 hours of being dry and trimmed.

Cant believe i was getting away with selling 0.25ml quantities back then, things have scaled SO MUCH since then

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSm5dOlFbxk/?igshid=NDRkN2NkYzU=

(29 detected out of 35 tested terps, thats what cdt should look like)

Just out of curiosity, who ever thinks they are the king of terps, send me a dm, ill send u a 0.25ml to see if im just dilusional or if i really did make a damn good batch. Fyi, this is not a sale post. I do not have more available besides a couple mls in storage from 6 years ago. Just curious if mine holds up to the “best” you can get rn.

(Do not hit me up for cdts for sale, im basically in the same boat as you, just looking for the best and havent found something ive fallen in love with)

7 Likes

No I don’t know him…or anyone on here for that matter. I just doubt anyone is selling good quality CDT for $10k a liter. (Maybe he’s the man though…could be…tickets like that would change my life…could help lots of ppl)

But the terps Im currently getting are really good quality. The process of extraction is not well known…very few ppl doing it this way.

Tastes and smells like the biomass it was pulled from…IF that guy’s is the same maybe he’ll let me buy some.

(I’m a very small guy atm, but that could change if I could get fire 100% CDT at frikin $10k /liter.)

I want to help other ppl and also make a vape line. We shall see I guess.

*No disrespect to Willbilly maybe he’s the man.

1 Like

I totally feel your pain. I’ve spent thousands of dollars in my life searching and it’s not just the wasted money…also it’s the time and all the frikin LIES.

Majority of all terp companies only get first time buys, they LIE for a living. It’s so wack.

Idk much about “Cali terpenes”…I dont want to be mean.

BOTTOM LINE !!! :loudspeaker: IF the DONT taste and smell like cannabis they’re probably BOGUS.

S/o to all the bogus terp salesmen out there

Im going to launch my website soon. REAL CDT FOR THE PEOPLE!!! no more bs bogus replica scam terps. :sunglasses::surfing_man:

I’m excited…wiiiiiiiiii rrrrrrrrrr wiiiiiiiiii rrrrrrrr
:fire_engine: I’m about to make a personal vape in about an hour…blueberry haze!!! So dang good. LIVE BLUEBERRY HAZE terps.

Before Jan 2023 my site will be up and selling

6 Likes

Make your own terps. When you buy terps, you’re getting profit gouged either monetarily or through nebulous aspects of quality.

6 Likes

The terps I’m getting are good and well worth the ticket… They smell and taste like cannabis. You just have to know how to formulate and mix them the right way.

Many variables
Ratio % matters… Base oil matters… how they’re mixed matters.

So many ppl claim to have good terps…then when you get them always discouraged.

Same as good extracts … Not all are equal, so many variables…quality of the starting material matters, how they were processed matters…same as everything else.

The ones I get aren’t cheap but they’re high quality. Never had any that come close to these.

2 Likes

100%

Just buying the FF and putting the work into making some good fresh frozen was the ticket for me. All of the online “hemp” “cdt” companies are bullshit and smell like hay and lies.

Along with the CDT side I did open up a botanical brand using SweetTerpenes botanical terps and they are absolute FIRE.

1 Like

Brah 75 bucks for indoor lol ill pay them 150 and take ot all

Sup? I got plenty

1 Like

I think they’re talking Cali my friend. I bet it ain’t worth nearly as much in OK.

you should really get yourself more educated on the extraction side of terps
once they have been extracted there is a load of cannabinoids that still can be extracted
with a $ value
at the moment not many can hydrocarbon extract the terps cannabinoid free but it will come soon enough changing the terpene market
for all it takes is a additional crc stack and collection pot
and I know of several that blast some of the flowers and sell them afterwards as flowers
so many ways to get all the value out

2 Likes

Lol :smirk: I know more than you think… And actually the terps I have are 99% pure no cannabinoids present. You sound like you aren’t familiar but they do exist…they have for years.

I’m fully aware it’s not just terps in cannabis. Lol and that THC is a valuable cannabinoid.

Im sure you do know ppl that do that. It’s so wack and scammy doing bs like that to ppl. Selling them cannabis buds they’ve already blasted…that’s some bs. How would you feel if you got already processed buds?

I’m sure he’s saying you price per lb vs yield is skewed b.c. you don’t realize you can grab terps AND thca from the same flower

5 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Umm I’ve already responded to your bogus assumption. Smh

I know THC and other cnoids are valuable…I know how distillation and other extractions work.

Your boring me.

What a fucking idiot you are lol.
How does someone wake up and say “I’m going to go be a fucking reject all day to a group of people I don’t know”

You clearly don’t know who you’re talking to lol @Roguelab has more knowledge in his left nut than you have in your entire brain.

Smoking those conversions is frying your little pea brain. You should probably cool it because you aren’t very bright to start off

11 Likes

I have high quality terpenes that are cannabis derived that are much lower than prices some have discussed below. feel free to reach out, I have a huge library of strains and quantities to support most size orders. My starting price is $4/g, and definitely can go lower for large orders

1 Like