Price Poll for CBD Crude

Specifically for the smaller/medium sized operations;
People sitting on hemp biomass from last year’s harvest with the intent of selling it after this harvest season are going to take a serious hit. There’s so much biomass that will be available in a couple of months, that if you’re sitting on any material… you need to get it processed and get the crude/distillate/isolate, etc SOLD before the market takes a hit.
Most of the small/medium sized operations I’m aware of here in Oregon that are preparing for this are processing somewhere around ~200-500 kilos of crude per month. Anything less than that, it’s going to be rough to keep up as the margins drop, unless you have other products that you’re making from it, going for other cannabinoids, etc…
It’s extremely difficult to gauge what’s about to happen… Growers are going to be hit the hardest… there aren’t enough processors, so as long as you’re able to work with a certain volume, there’s work to be done… But if you’re selling crude/dist/isolate, you’ve go to get those volume numbers up.

1 Like

I’m paying $40 and it’s around 9%. That’s the best I’ve found so far anyway for those small quantities. Sure it’s still workable, but not a retirement plan without serious more investing

1 Like

I’m hearing expectations of $2/% by December. I could be wrong, but that seems to be the expectation…

1 Like

I’ve actually got a farm with 2000 lbs coming up. They tell me I can process it as fast as they can sell it. Not acres, edited

1 Like

I guess location comes into the equation, I take it your in NC from that post right?

Yep, alot of the local farmers gave up tobacco and started hemp. But now, the regulators are already threatening to put us both out of business with this smokable hemp ban. Isn’t that the craziest thing you’ve heard all week?

1 Like

3300 in Canada

Interesting, I’ll have to read more about that. I wonder what their angle is?

This might be a good one

The gist of their argument is that they can’t arrest people anymore, because probable cause doesn’t apply since hemp is legal and you can’t look at it and tell the difference between hemp and"marijuana"

2 Likes

What are people seeing rn for CBD crude prices?

@Future I’ve been seeing just above $200 for about %50 and up to $400 for about 70%
that is also singles not bulk pricing.

Nothing clean though,… everything I have seen has pesticides or ethanol,… not ready to use
If anybody had any clean ready to use crude I am interested

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Wow $400 for dirty crude? Bahahha I can blow that away. $200 for 70-80% CBD +10% minors is what I am seeing.

Maybe you meant distillate at $400/KG.

8 Likes

$400 for dirty crude is what I would call “spanking the custy” to use the parlance of a certain subculture

3 Likes

$30g New York. Cut with pine resin.

Unless I’m missing something you can’t sell crude retail anyways because even extracting compliant plant material, we still regularly see 2-3% THC content, what is “ready to use” in your eyes? Almost everything my lab produces gets taken to distillate at a minimum once it leaves my extraction lab. Certainly that won’t take care of testing hot for pesticides but it will strip out any residual solvents.

Responding to OP, we just sold a few hundred kgs of W/D crude at $140/kg.

2 Likes

Apologies for not using the correct nomenclature,…
By Ready To Use,… I just mean ready to use as an ingredient in a product without having to process it further to perform pesticide remediation or removal of residual solvents.

Defnitely crude prices I’m bein offered, I picked up 4 liters of nice distillate from Beak & Skiff at $400 so I’m not paying more than that for crude unless I need certified organic.

It’s funny how much people will ask for in the DM’s when they don’t advertise prices.
I won’t name any names here (just like for the previous prices)… but I just got pinged with an offer for $800/liter of crude… lol

2 Likes

Whats everyone hearing about cbd crude, disty, isolate prices now in 2023? Being that biomass is in short supply will prices rebound a little in 24?

3 Likes