Pressurized Buckner filtration

I’m looking to buy a pressurized Buckner filtration, much the same as usalab pressurized Buckner has for sale. Not really in the mood to pay $1500 for one so if anyone has 1 or 2 they are trying to unload please let me know?

2 Likes

Dm me

What volume do you need and what pressures are you looking to operate at? If $1500 is over your budget, you could just DIY with some stainless parts since that’s all the USAlab unit is.

1 Like

The internal volume of one of the Buckners is almost irrelevant it just needs to be able to hold about 3-4 in of filter cake and it will be continuously fed with a diaphragm pump, on the other Buckner the volume that usalab offers will be sufficient. And as far as my budget, I’m always looking for more reasonable option which is why I put up the ad.

Fair enough, used equipment is a way to save.

Just a 6" spool, filter plate, and lid should be enough and will probably cost ~100-200.

2 Likes

Still looking for that. Does anyone has one or two?

1 Like

You need six inch or 12 inch?

12… Or even bigger will do

Why not just use a centrifuge at that point?

1 Like

Cost, space and electrical supply also couple of the processes I’m going to use it for are not fit for centrifuge. But nonetheless I do need to purchase a centrifuge as well sometime soon.

2 Likes

I’ve got a seller who is looking to get rid of his funnels. Includes 9cfm vac pump, 4 flasks, 4 funnels, glass manifold, cold trap and tubing. He would like $1,200 for everything. Call/text, or DM if you’re interested. 425-358-0425

I appreciate the thought but I specifically needed to be a pressurized system. Thank you anyways.

2 Likes