Pre process for short path material

Thought I would add pre-processing steps for the short path run I posted. Don’t have pictures of the original BHO but any waste or failed experiments were built up and dissolved in methanol. First winterizing pass was room temp (72f) for 24hrs. Second winterization was in the freezer for 12 hours. 4:1 methanol to oil I believe. Both filtered through a buchner funnel with Celite 545 cake on bottom and about 20g aa for the top layer. 1.5 micron filter paper at very bottom to keep fritted part cleaner. IMG_0936 IMG_0934 IMG_0933
Next was LLE with pentane. Started with about 150ml pentane and 400ml methanol after letting it evap a little. Used R.O. water at 7ph for flushing and took about 3 liters to flush all the methanol out. I dont have pictures of the actual flushing pictures posted show the pentane methanol mix without water, then with water and one where the water seemed to pull of some reds. Purged pentane and decarbed at 120C for about an hour.
IMG_0944 IMG_0943 IMG_0942

I would like to add a filtering step using silica and t5 as i have both available but im unsure if methanol or pentane would work for that purpose. I can use the buchner but will probably just setup a small crc column with glass or stainless. Any suggestions/tips?

2 Likes

Pentane/alkane works much better for both media

1 Like

Good to know thanks