Pre Market Tobacco Application

https://www.fda.gov/tobacco-products/market-and-distribute-tobacco-product/premarket-tobacco-product-applications

So, vape devices are considered tobacco devices by the FDA. Which means cart dealers and battery dealers could see some issues this year.

Liscencing is looking to be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars

Just wanted to let yall cart farmers know that the world isn’t letting up. But we are better than that. Persecution only makes us stronger.

8 Likes

Ok, this is another situation that will affect everyone that no one cares about. Imma be waxing my woes, be ready

4 Likes

It’s hard to care when the government never takes their dick out of your ass. Black market for life and always remember…fuck the police.

9 Likes

The really sketchy part is that once something is labelled as a tobacco product, short of Vitamin E Acetate or Arsenic, the FDA could give two shits less how filthy the product is because you’re already supposed to know that tobacco is bad for you. On a side note, tobacco is incredibly easy to grow indoors so if you still have that habit, set aside a light. 1 plant ~ 3 packs of smokes. Also, if you grow it in organic soil with organic nutes and low heavy metal content, it’s significantly less detrimental to your health. Tobacco is a dynamic accumulator like cannabis.

4 Likes

@Estokha I disagree. Beyond any doubt, combusting anything and inhaling it regularly is detrimental to your health, including cannabis btw. You get a lot of byproducts from combusting carbon that aren’t good, such as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. This is the “American Spirits” logic - they are not a healthier option!

Having said that I still smoke weed everyday :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I lived in VA for about 16 years and if you have to use tobacco, grow your own. Still not healthy in any way, shape, or form, but it beats sucking down big AG herbicide, pesticide, and fertilizer, not to mention the heavy levels of ground water and soil contamination on the east coast.

1 Like

The difference being cannabis has components that we all know combat cancer. Smoking isn’t good for you, but atleast there’s benefits to smoking cannabis .

I guess what I’m saying is that it doesn’t really matter if you’re inhaling smoke anyways. Burning pure tobacco already has like 60+ carcinogens that we know of, and beyond that you get the tar, particulates and CO - what’s really the difference?

I think it’d be cool to smoke a cigarette with home grown tobacco, but I just think it’s wrong to believe that there is any improved health outcome - the appeal to nature fallacy.

1 Like

There’s no carpet glue in tobacco you grow yourself.

2 Likes

Link a paper to support your claims that smoking “natural” tobacco has improved health outcomes long term than smoking any other cigarette. That’s my point. I won’t argue that commercially produced cigarettes have other random compounds in them, that’s a fact!

Also, in vivo vs in vitro. When talking about cannabis and cancer, particularly when smoking it, the study details matter. I’d love to see a peer reviewed paper that suggests smoking cannabis prevents or treats cancer. The studies I have read haven’t involved smoking.

2 Likes

I can’t find a good link, but my concern is that tobacco farmers have no qualms about using products like myclobutanil.

1 Like

I have to agree on your statement that all smoking is bad. With that being said I have been awake 10 minutes and have taken 3 dabs already. Lol

I had to stop smoking cigs when I was 18, my throat couldn’t handle smoking weed and cigs (28 now)

3 Likes

If Newport made blunts the world would be in harmony lol

2 Likes

Oh man :joy:

1 Like

I don’t know of any peer reviewed papers on the subject. However it has been proven that Cannabinoids are strong antioxidants. They neutralize free radicals that can cause cancer. So if you’re smoking something that has high concentrations of compounds that neutralize free radicals, I would assume that would be better than smoking something without. Smoking nothing at all is obviously the healthiest.

1 Like

Cannabinoids are 30-40% more effective than most known antioxidants.

Where is the link that states all caping products are considered tobacco?

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/01/09/2016-31950/clarification-of-when-products-made-or-derived-from-tobacco-are-regulated-as-drugs-devices-or