Praxis labs in Centralia, WA facing potential license revocation for inflating THC numbers

4 Likes

Fucken get em lol the legal biz up here is a joke

5 Likes

Wa state rec market is a joke…

So much of a joke I’m loling.

4 Likes

Don’t hate the player hate the game

:flushed:

4 Likes

It’s mainly the product I’m disappointed in…

You are excluded from this statement…

And the lack of vertical integration (especially for smaller licenses)

Also the license caps. Make this shit a free market…(or atleast lower tier licensing more attainable)

But hey, that’s just my opinion. You know what they say about opinions. Everyone has one…

3 Likes

Nice part about tier 1 licenses is the ability to directly sell to the 1000’s of medical patients in the state. We have a new 10k room for medical patients only.

Not vouching for the rec system whatsoever, I agree it’s shit. If I wasn’t employed by someone else I wouldn’t be in the position I am.

5 Likes

Didn’t know this!

Good shit!

So basically vertical integration as long as it’s medical?

2 Likes

Definitley gives us a leg up compared to the other folks. I’m gonna dm you the new layout

2 Likes

Please do!

2 Likes

Any word on how they inflate the results? Is it complicated, like switching a sample at the lab with a known good testing strain, or just testing the strain over and over again and using the highest results?

Is it as simple as just copying another strains test results?

I didn’t read the article. Just trying to guess.
What appeared to be happening was that the weights of the marijuana samples were being changed — making the weights smaller so the concentrations of THC would appear larger.

Did you read the article?

2 Likes

Sounds about right sadly. Which lab is more likely to get more business: a lab that generally tests higher than other places or a lab that gives closer to realistic results that are generally lower than what people want to hear/put on packaging :man_shrugging:. I used to test everything I made to better myself as an extractor until I started noticing vast inconsistencies when sending the same sample to different local labs. Hopefully other testing facilities can learn from others’ mistakes. It’s a bummer to see stuff like this still going on.

It’s rough, especially when so many consumers in the Washington market buy purely based on THC numbers.

Shops will ask why they should pay $15 or even $13 per cart for a high quality full spectrum oil with real cannabis terps, when they can get some random distillate with flavoring that tests “98%” THC for $10.

Definitely incentivizes people to fudge their numbers, or find the lab that gives them the highest numbers.

2 Likes

Quote:
“What appeared to be happening was that the weights of the marijuana samples were being changed — making the weights smaller so the concentrations of THC would appear larger.”

Essentially if you lower the sample weight in your potency calculator it would increase your potency result.

2 Likes