PPE suppliers, whos your favorite supplier and why?

I am hoping to buy small quantities of a basic full kit (enough ppe for 2 people and a spare)

Amazon is a good start. If you’re not buying in bulk with reoccurring orders, or minimum monthly expenditures, getting discounts from big suppliers (like Fisher) usually doesn’t happen very easily.

If you’re just looking for things like lab coats, safety glasses, nitrile gloves, and things of that nature, then amazon, wal-mart or places like that should be cheap enough and you don’t need to go through an account set-up etc…

5 Likes

Go to airgas and set up an account and bulk order 3M stuff. Like saftey glasses and respirators and such.

1 Like

Bought some great 3M full-face masks. We are using Methanol on the next job…

Does anyone have a decent Methanol PPE… one that is made for tall people. I’ve seen various other brands, but reviews on most are talking about tall people and the sleeves not being long enough.

I’m 6’4 and my helpers are both 6’1… what’s the best company to rock with when strictly dealing with Methanol? Has to be suitable for BIG and tall.

1 Like

Dupont tychem suits fit me well. 6’4" 280. I have also just used Dupont sleeves before with a smok etc. I used mine for diluting pure nicotine, I would check the specs for methanol but I’m sure your good.

1 Like

These look pretty nice…

The tychem ones are nice too, we use those at work a lot. These just looked a little more sturdy, pics can be deceiving though…

1 Like

I really like the layout on those suits… definitely with the double layer sleeves… but the chest size on even the 5xl size is only at 37"… that can’t be right, am I right? My chest is nearly 45"… and the in seam is only 31"

1 Like

I have to assume that’s an error…

Imo

i have used a lot of different suits and never had a problem with chest measurment

1 Like

like these?

I use just the tychem ones without the nomex.

Those look bad ass…

2 Likes