Potential of a 2021 Drought

So for those of us living in the south eastern states of the country, last year and the year before we got hit with a bit of a drought in bud getting sent our way. The reasons we heard varied…fires in California, busts in grow houses in Colorado etc.

Anyone have any perspective, opinion, or input on the possibility of a drought for this year?

All in who you know and to what lengths you/them will go. Prices go up here but well is never dry

10 Likes

IMHO droughts are fake news.

13 Likes

I thought this thread would be about the weather.

22 Likes

haha curveball

2 Likes

Droughts are just who you know and what you are willing to pay.

7 Likes

Are we talking THC or CBD??? Last weed drought i can remember was in like 2018… the prices got back up there for a minute but it seems like supply has caught back up with demand as the prices are back to near low prices…

CBD… i heard they give this stuff away if you ask nice enough.

1 Like

I think so, they raiding like crazy in cali. Idk if people are starting to get plugged up in other states but cali and it’s reputation always got people hunting out here.

I’m sure there’s a lot of big Dawgs in the hills/deep forests pulling big numbers. A lot of weed came from Anza, perris, Morongo basin many places around there but no so much anymore.

I’m sure some people have gotten smarter/reverted back to old ways but considering prices still being fetched around LA I’d say we’ve been in a “drought.”

1 Like

This. There’s always weed somewhere. It’s a weed that grows everywhere. It’s just how far and how much you are willing to pay for the quality.

CBD market is toast. The free market has already moved on. Find a new market niche that is paying.

5 Likes

THC for sure.

Last year, the market a few hours north from you got hit with a pretty big lack of supply - thanks to raids on colorado grow houses. Or at least that was the word on the skreets

1 Like

Yeah yah wuut?

1 Like

I guess it’s nice to be buying weed from the same people you did in 1997…

You think with all that experience. You gotta think it’s ok :man_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Definitely must be nice haha

1 Like

I know droughts are not fake news where I’m from, the last 4 summers everyone’s lawns are burnt to a crisp, a lot of dry wells and lakes and rivers at all time lows.
We have been getting way less precipitation all year here in nova scotia in the last 4 years and this year looks the same.

2 Likes

The price in Oregon rec tanked so hard a drought would be welcome… I think in 2019 people grew like 5x the States demand

3 Likes

govt projections are extreme drought. My house runs humid so Im selfishly not minding. Im a dumbass again, i posted after reading half of your first sentence.

1 Like

a drought got me started growing 20 years ago its real to me dammit. wrestling its real to me - Google Search They actually had villboards in wisconsin saying something like “NO bud? we will arrest you” Now in michigan EVERY billboard is for weed LOL

Plenty here in Colorado not sure their excuse they’re feeding ya.

1 Like

Back in 2003ish michigan had billboards in july saying “If you think its dry now wait till october”. This is after a bunch of big busts I believe. Just a few of them spread across the freeways of detroit.

3 Likes

thats what I was thinking of… Great timing for me to start all the cindy crosses. they had billboards in wi too whats the name of beasters? like m10 or something? It was all that crap till I came in HOT with exotic c99 crosses. edit- M39 for the asian grown beasters.